Morecambe (H) - Sat 1st May, 3pm

We had 7 shots in the game, 5 at the corner flag and 2 indiscriminate, as a team we can’t even take a decent corner :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Fantastic analysis enniskillen.
From goalkeeper to striker we just aren’t good enough to compete in the 4th division.
Today was a typical case point.In the recent games he’s played I can’t remember Rose making a decent save. Likewise neither Josh or Lavs have worked the opposition’s keeper.

1 Like

I know mate we actually looked quite good first half and the balls into the box should have been buried on more than one occasion,but we just don’t win enough games under Dutton do we what is it 3 in 19? Or something like that,it’s a poor return and I’d say thanks for your services but it hasn’t worked out.

1 Like

I think we actually had 74% possession? to have that much of the ball and do ■■■■ all with it is comical

1 Like

It really is poor when you have that much of the ball and don’t have a shot on target,it highlights the problem we have which is we don’t have a goal scoring predator who doesn’t move out of the width of the goalposts all game and puts the ball in the net.For me we need 2 first team strikers next season regardless of the manager it needs addressing.Lavery has never scored goals wherever he’s played in fact I bet he hasn’t scored 12 in any season he’s played in his career,to me that’s poor if that’s your job.Now Josh well where do we start with him he’s just gone backwards to me and again doesn’t score enough goals.

2 Likes

He was doing it consistently throughout the game , unfortunately the recipients of the passes either lacked the touch to control it or the awareness to get into the correct positions.

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Team with 26% possession score 2.

2 Likes

I’ve copyrighted 4-2 Saddlers. :man_facepalming:t2: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yesterday’s game was so Brian Dutton, decent for 45 minuets with good movement, slick passing and energy, but no end product. The second half we totally disappeared and there was only ever going to be one outcome…another home defeat.
I’m not going to disparage the man further (I’ve done enough of that) but to the minority that support him and want him here next season, the same dross will be on display week after week. Believe me, even his most ardent supporters will get tired of it quickly.

3 Likes

I don’t think that we danced through their defence that many times in the first half and when we did we only suceeded in tripping over our own two “left” feet.

It was an end of season game for us and they wanted to win. It was noticeable after half-time hoe much more physical they became and our players did not fancy it. As Jim O’Connor said, with Stockton, we would have been 2 up at half-time.

We did play decently in the first-half. Perry, Osadebe and Holden (if he stays) would be potent in League 2 next season. I was disappointed though with Wes, who was clearly being given an opportunity to show himself over the last 2 games but was ineffective. And we went back to giving away a goal for no reason. We do need a big centre-half in League 2 and Scarr does have virtues but we cannot have so many goals gifted to the opposition.

But mostly we need 2 strikers, actually even if we kept the two we have.

This is my take on the game:
In the first half, I admired our silky football skills and ability to keep the ball. I almost enjoyed it. I thought “We can 'ave this lot, no problem”.
Then we (well, Scarr) did the usual and gifted them a goal for nothing and I despaired. Sure enough, in the second they played professionally against a team lacking belief and waited for the inevitable second chance - which duly came. We were toothless. There is the glimmer of a decent team here, with at least one decent striker needed and one more good central defender; maybe a better goalkeeper. This league is so very, very poor, that’s all we need to be in with a shout of a challenge.

2 Likes

Agree mate a few good players and a decent manager with a style of play who sets his team up to beat the opponents and not worry about their strengths in this poor league.

It is the Clarke/Dutton disease…both were only ever interested in the strengths of the opposition. Oh for the days of the Buck, bugga how good they are, lets get goals lads…

1 Like