Morons in our own crowd!

Will have to go back to barking at the moon

I was sat 4 seats from it. Old bloke, (no spitting or anything) said something about a player, asian guy and his lad behind, tapped him on the shoulder called him out for it, old bloke told him to f off and it escalated.

Stewards were terrible. Need training now. Only reason it didnt escalate was because the bloke was old. If it was a younger guy, it may have turned physical and we would have had to get it dealt with

Kids were getting scared around us.

Whatever was said was not innocuous. Ended with both parties being removed… not sure how that works.

1 Like

I was close to that incident. Don’t know what it was all about but it could have turned really nasty. It’s not what anyone wants to see

I implore people to come and sit at the back of Block 6 Lower. Some superb analysis of the game by two blokes who ain’t got a fooking clue

6 Likes

In fact, they told everyone against Stevenage that they had been playing a 4-5-2, today they had no idea which Walsall player was on loan at Grimsby, and they thought that Monthe was Daniels, about 15 mins after Daniels had been taken off.

They also shouted ‘you couldn’t batter a fish, you c***s’ at the Grimsby fans, who clearly couldn’t hear them!

4 Likes

can’t help myself sorry mate :joy:

1 Like

I’ve read a number of your posts, they seem coherent enough to know that when we moved to 4-4-2, Allen was playing LM and not CM :smiley:

1 Like

One of the thing that really meks me cack hang is when people in the crowd shout specific things to either the ref or a player or the away fans…they must know that they can’t hear them so are doing it because they think that people actually care for their ill conceived mental whitterings.

3 Likes

My missus came with me to the Swindon game. She couldn’t believe this bloke near us who spent the entire game abusing Jonny Williams (until he was subbed) to the the point of obsession. Bawling at him and the ref constantly
It was mad :joy:

1 Like

Walsall fans scrapping with each other on the train on the way back too. Kids in the same carriage that hadn’t even been to the game. A young girl sat by us was in tears and terrified.

Getting a bit of a ball ache with the lad with me to be honest, always something kicking off lately.

4 Likes

Join us in the family stand, it’s quiet in there.

I like the Family Stand but can’t stand the stanchions! Anytime I have sat in there, they just ruin it for me.

1 Like

Sounds like the stewards at Newport. They landed up just chatting with the people causing the aggro.

1 Like

A lot of people seem right on the edge just now.

Never known anything like it. Lots of contributing factors but if you’re out and about in any environment where there’s a crowd it feels like it could kick off any moment over anything.

Was at the Lytham Fesitival a few weeks ago. Meant to be all love and harmony and yet there was an edge as various pissed up groups tried to out dick head each other. Newport away was moody. Their pricks at Barrow and allegedly our pricks at Gillingham. Kicking off in the upper today. We’re usually all sleeping up there.

I’d love to harness all the angst and energy and have it pointing at the people responsible for the current state of everything. Instead we fight amongst ourselves which is just what they want.

17 Likes

I think it is yet another over hang from COVID and the associated lockdowns.

3 Likes

Why are our fans fighting each other? I’ve seen it years ago but been a long time

He deserved most of that abuse for falling over with no contact to get free kicks :joy:

1 Like

Only worse is coming.

3 Likes

This wasn’t abuse, it was bordering on a complete mental breakdown (it wasn’t you was it :wink:)

Said to Scoob tonight that there are a lot of angry people about.

2 Likes