Morris off to Tranmere?

Yeah, what I’d give to see most of our players have 8 ■■■■ games in 10 :wink:

SaddlerHQ your spot on in what you say.

I remember 2012-13 very well. Our start came out of the blue. We recruited extremely well in that pre season and we found ourselves cruising League One 7 points clear top of the league at one point. We had Ben Gibson, now a 15 million quid Premiership defender on loan, who by the way even at 19 years of age was absolutely outstanding. James Wallace our captain the best player at the club, who had terrible luck with injuries. Hes now at Fleetwood trying to get his career back on track and he returned to us during our non league days. Helped us get back up but his fitness was an issue. Class act when fit though and a Championship standard player for years if he hadn’t of had his injuries. We just fell apart though after Wallace got injured. Gibson went back to Middlesboro following his loan. And Cassidy who started off outstanding went off the boil goal wise. Hes now bouncing round from club to club normally non league struggling.

I always remember Walsall in the old Division One. Punched above their weight and held their own. Been plenty of clubs that have done the same since of course. But its always pleasing seeing it. Gives us all hope, especially when you see sides like Bournemouth staying in the Premiership. Not saying Rovers and Walsall would reach that, but never say never I suppose :slight_smile:

Palios would have definitely sorted our problems out if we had took over earlier. Was just too late for him and us when he came. Its funny though because even though non league was hell, it did have its moments of fun. Enjoyed the local derbies against Chester, Wrexham and Southport. Was enjoyable being the massive club down there. Achieving attendances bigger than a lot of League One sides most Saturday home games. It does become frustrating though. When you see the likes of Solihull Moors, Bromley and Eastleigh on your matchday programmes. The feeling of utter emotion and joy when Norwood headed that winner at Wembley last May brought feelings I cant describe for obvious reasons. First time ive ever cried (with joy) at a Tranmere match.

As for Walsall going that low, I wouldn’t worry, not yet anyway. Still plenty of time to turn your club round. Theres plenty of clubs hanging on in League Two. I expect Port Vale to be one of the two sides going down btw. Especially if they lose (again) at Notts County tomorrow. They are in freefall and can barely score a goal. Notts County will join them though I think. 5 points adrift and when we played them last Saturday they didn’t even bother attacking us, which is alarming for a side in so much trouble on and off the field. I don’t think they realise what is waiting for them in non league. Its hell trust me.

Walsall will be okay though, although losing Cookie for 3 matches might be an issue. You did well though getting that Bradford result. Stay positive and im sorry for this essay!

Best of luck!