Most underrated Walsall player?

Good shout. I’d add Matt Richards, who played in a pretty shit side.

4 Likes

Phil Hawker

5 Likes

Ashley Grimes
Rory Gaffney
Andreas Makris

Or have I missed the point … ? :joy:

1 Like

Joe Edwards.

4 Likes

Matt Richards

3 Likes

Westcarr was who popped into my head.

Got grief off some for not being a great footballer but I always thought that was harsh. He was a player of limited ability but he found a way to be very effective in that team.

Far more talented players than him have been completely ineffective and that is the bigger crime for me.

9 Likes

Richard Green

1 Like

Played the football of his career for us, he didn’t score many as he should but he was perfect for that front three. A prime example of Smiths work.

I bet he was on peanuts as well

2 Likes

Andy Watson

4 Likes

Evran Wright

Steve Elliott

8 Likes

Virtually everyone who played for us 2015 and before as we didn’t appreciate how good they all were compared to some of the players we have recently had.

Agreed, was just thinking that, Solid player did a great job here

A & J Chambers
Ntamark
Brightwell
Pointon

Chris Westwood, played out of position but did the job he was asked to do at full back in our promotion winning season

7 Likes

James Constable. I think he came in during a tough time and Richard Money didn’t fancy him when he took over, but I always liked the cut of his jib. Somewhat vindicated with his time at Oxford.

1 Like

I’d say Liam Kinsella.
Wins player of the season, wears his heart on his sleeve and still gets fans say he shouldn’t be in starting team.

8 Likes

Perhaps you’re thinking most berated player

1 Like

Surely Adam Chambers is the perfect example? Only when he was gone did we perhaps realise what an exceptional player we had in terms of reading the game and doing the simple things well. I always liked him but it’s when you see the likes of Kinsella and Ladabie trying to play that role that you realise just how superb he was.

7 Likes

I’m not sure Dale Bantom fits into that category

1 Like