Mr Pomlett

Bradford were only a division below them at that point and went all the way to the final. I doubt we can say the same for Darlington.

Talking of Bradford, didn’t they get relegated last season and sign 17 players? Including a certain Zeli Ismail and Armide Oteh? They seem to be doing ok. Like I said, we can trade examples all day. And I’m not even saying we should instantly bounce back. We’re a ■■■■■■■ mile away from that. January is about staying up now so yeah, it’s going to take two transfer windows minimum.

But people seem to want to erase all responsibility from Pomlett because it’s a tough situation. If it was that dire he wouldn’t have brought the club. And Clarke wouldn’t have agreed to come here.

1 Like

Wow. I find myself agreeing with you…

I agree with most of that apart from the last paragraph. I know Mole and Gamble are not particularly popular with sections of the fan base but under Bonser their job was basically to carry out the leeches orders. Now under Pomlett I think they deserve a chance to show what they can do. If they still underperform I’m sure Pomlett will act.

As for revealing what went on with Bonser, it’s not going to happen, at least for the time being. Because he is still in the background as rent collector and owner of the freehold. Pomlett is going to want to keep him on side to get a deal on the freehold.

1 Like

Spot on Funk, good post mate👍

1 Like

And don’t forget the £400k that we’ve had in transfer fees in the summer - which was the real reason we wanted to get rid of Cook, Dobson and Ferrier. Surely that money plus the extra earlybird season ticket money has gone into the budget. But it has been wasted on some pretty mediocre players by Clarke.

2 Likes

Yep it’s rather worrying. Seems like you ask Clarke about the budget and we are a cap in hand now who have a third of the budget of Mansfield. Ask Pomlett and it’s been improved last season and is very competitive. One of them is talking ■■■■. We won’t know until the end of the season.

2 Likes

Basing it on absolutely nothing but I’d tend to believe Pomlett. As you said before, I don’t see Pomlett as the type to stand infront of the fans and lie. I don’t see that in Clarke either to be fair but I do see him blaming everyone and everything before himself. Even when he does blame himself, he’s quick to shrug it off and tell us he has four promotions to his name.

As others have said, Clarke wouldn’t have come here if it was a 22nd place side budget. It can’t be, he is failing.

3 Likes

Yes but if he’s the mentality of a manager that has x amounts of promotions and x amounts of coaching badges you might think …hey I can turn this club around , even with a ■■■■ budget .

P.s he was out of work at the time also …

So we have:

A ludicrous playing budget with £600,000 allegedly substracted over and above the £440,000.
The best manager and players we could afford under such circumstances.
An entirely new squad with a predictably varying level of individual success.
The decent ones could leave and we’re stuck with contracted rubbish.

However:

The manager appears to be utterly inept in choosing his best team and sticking to it.
An utterly woeful selection of strikers and loan signings.
His most senior players are injured or past it.
The once tight defence appears to have sprung several leaks.
The players collectively are the worst set of decision makers during play I’ve ever seen.

Apart from that things are great:

We have an all new regime (once they’ve finally finished paying for the old one!)
A nice away kit that everyone likes.
Only one relegation place.
We’re still in two cup competitions until tonight.
They’ve done an offer on the Cambridge game (what could go wrong??)

3 Likes