Neil Mcdonald

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

He was number 2 to Big Sam for years in the prem in fairness. And Taylor I think played under him at West Ham and Bolton so obviously respects him and felt he’d be a good fit.

I largely agree with your first sentence, he can advise Taylor but ultimately it’s MT who decides starting 11 and subs/tactics during games as he is paid to do.

One thing I would say…during the Keates year people were demanding an experienced number 2 came into club to help him (as he obviously needed that) and people would’ve been knocking themselves out if Graydon or Buckley had been appointed in say a mentor role so not sure what’s difference here as McDonald ultimately is a very experienced coach and has managed a bit at this level.

2 Likes

You make a good point .Matt wanted him. End of story.

1 Like

Except it’s not end of story. If the management team isn’t working, it isn’t working. I know you think nothing at the club should ever be questioned despite repeated failures at an alarming rate, but it’s not end of story.

He wasn’t big Sams number two, that was Sammy Lee. McDonald was coach (He was Ian Dowies number two at Palace though to be fair). And the biggest difference was probably that Graydon didn’t completely fail when he was given the reigns like McDonald.

Brilliant mate :joy: and that’s why there’s no bovril left Ronald’s hoarding it on the touch line.

I wish that we DID have Ronald associated with the club, he would probably have some influence on the quality of our burgers, and save customers money on dentist bills :wink:

That’s brilliant :rofl: oh man…. We are shite

1 Like