New contract for Isaac Hutchinson

2 year deal :grinning:

Walsall Football Club are delighted to announce that midfielder Isaac Hutchinson has extended his contract until 2025.

The 22-year-old joined the Saddlers in the summer and has played 46 times so far this season.

Hutchinson’s had a positive impact with 14 goal contributions – scoring seven and laying on seven assists.

He also played a key role in helping the team reach the fourth round of the Emirates FA Cup, scoring in the first round away at League One side Wycombe Wanderers.

The attacking midfielder is pleased to have extended his stay at the Poundland Bescot Stadium.

“I’m delighted,” said Hutchinson.

“From the second I came; I’ve loved my time here. We’ve got a great group of lads and the staff and the gaffer have been brilliant with me so there is no place better for me to be at the moment.

“It felt like the natural progression now to have that bit of security for the next couple of years and hopefully they can be successful years on the pitch.

“I want to get into double figures for goals and assists, I’m three off both now so I think that’s doable. As a team, we’ve got to finish this season on a high and hopefully that can take us into next season with a bit of confidence.”

Head Coach Michael Flynn is happy to see Hutchinson commit his future to the Club and believes there is more to come from the midfielder.

“He’s got great potential, he’s been effective with seven goals and seven assists this season,” said Flynn.

“He fits in with the model, being at the right age and has his best years in front of him and I’m keen to be working with Isaac for longer to see him progress.

“I think there’s definitely more to come. It’s his first year of regular football in the men’s game and he’ll only get better.”

22 Likes

That’s a great bit of business.

12 Likes

Lovely stuff. Bags of potential.

Lovely stuff.

Brilliant
All they have to do now is find another 10 players with the same ability to play around him :smile: :wink:

8 Likes

I think he has done well this year and showed potential. He has coped well with the physical side of this league. I hope he can carry on improving. Very pleased were are keeping him.

Great news. Anyone know what his stats are like?

8 Likes

:eyes: :joy:

This shows good intent and by him committing early it shows also that the dressing room is a good one.

3 Likes

Best news we’ve had since DJ loan ended.

1 Like

Good News, showed some promise still very inconsistent and raw at times but 7 goals & 7 assists aint a bad return on very average season for the club.

2 Likes

Just a little disappointed they didn’t do a Terry Nutkins/Hutch announcement video…

1 Like

To keep our best player is excellent news ! Nice to have something good to come out the club for a change !
Only player who may be worth money one day x

I got to say it because it’s almost expected of me….

It’s 9 assists!!! They haven’t recognized the one against Orient or the 3rd against Hartlepool because there was a faint deflection on the cross.

:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Good news indeed

Glad he signed now get rid of the crap

1 Like

Great news!

Good news. After a tricky few months he’s got better and better. Often the only player in our colours who looks like he can control the ball, pass it a bit and sniff out a chance.

2 Likes

Isaac’s dad :+1:t2:

20 Likes

Good stuff, certainly plenty more to come from him.

That’s good. He’ll be better, as seasons pass.