New footage on Youtube

Explain where I have been a hypocrite :grinning: ?

Already have. Clue. The post has the word " hypocrite" in it.

When ?

Great page, scroll down even further to see what great players we once had.

UTS posters trying to belittle other posters ???, I don’t believe it ! Try reading the Bojo pages and you will see how certain posters have ruined this once great fans forum website and have tried to turn it a political web site. Follow the links for other League 2 forums and you get very little of such conversation because…………………….they want to talk about football and more importantly, there home team. UTS must be an embarrassment for fans of other clubs looking at it.

1 Like

Quiz time. Which belittled victim was this?

Or this?

Could it possibly be any worse than the daily farce we are experiencing at the moment ?
I hope Welsh is not in charge of the turnout and final result of any future possible vote :rofl:

1 Like

Just found this gem. Right party poopers we were that day. Loved it.

1 Like

I remember that day well.A surprise win …we could do with one or two of those soon.

The bit at the end. They were definitely coming our way with malicious intent. We had been enjoying their damp squib and I’m sure they wanted to give us a bit of a hiding. Their numbers made it look quite a daunting prospect. We clapped them and it diffused the situation.

2 Likes

Was that the rapist owner on the pitch at the start?! :joy: Nice finishes from McParland.

1 Like

Blackpool had a huge support but they did not have “two-thirds of the stadium” as suggested. The away end was terraced then and overcrowded ( say 2,500 in all), with around half the Family Stand ( 1,300) and a few hundred in the main stand at best. They had more than us, but only just, certainly not 6k in a crowd of 8k. Our first season at Bescot and we won only 5 at home, but we played well here and McParland’s goals were class.

3 Likes

There’s a similar last day claim made on a last day bit of footage from the 1979-80 season when Newport did get the result they needed at Fellows Park. Think the claim was that they brought over 6,000.

They brought a lot. But not that many.

Did Hull City clinch promotion at FP in 84-85 or have I misremembered?

I remember Mark Rees came on as a substitute and was then sent off for 2 bookable offences. The 2nd booking was for handball. He was on the touch line and he caught the ball as it was going over his head rather than let it go into the stand.

That happened right in front of me. He was actually off the pitch when he caught the ball.The sending off was ridiculous.

2 Likes

Was that in the enclosure

My recollection was that it was on the far side, just inside the Newport half attacking the Hillary Street End.

Spot on …I was just to the right of the half way line as you looked towards the main stand and a few steps in from the touchline.

1 Like

Not only was actually off the pitch, the foul he was booked for was made by Waddington.

We must have been standing next to each other! I was 20. It was a long time ago.