New kit 21/21

It is the only part of our heritage that isn’t part of around a third of everybody else’s heritage.

4 Likes

Yeah I loved it this season and I wasn’t even around for the originals

2 Likes

Club shop won’t have any stock, the website will be being updated and when it’s back up you’ll only be able to get a fluorescent drawstring bag.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Might be the new away kit?

1 Like

I think it’s mad that Luke isn’t doing our kit… quality manufacturer with the Walsall close to the heart.

1 Like

I spoke to him last time he tendered to make it and he lost out by £1 :roll_eyes:

:man_facepalming:t2: :man_facepalming:t2: :man_facepalming:t2: :man_facepalming:t2:

Always had a soft spot for white top/red shorts combo for our home strip as that was the kit when I first started attending games. I think the red and green is fine though, better than the red and black kits we had for a few seasons. Never really liked us in red and black at home.

2 Likes

Me neither, Swifty. Black and red just don’t go together.
The only time that combination worked for us was on that glorious day in Cardiff!

1 Like

I had one of those in 1966 and loved it too but always preferred singing, “come on you reds” to “come on you whites” I also loved the 1984 red, white with a bit of blue and of course the blue away strip which they wore at Arsenal etc. Were our original colours, post merger, 1888 Maroon, blue and white? It is hard to tell looking at black and white photos but reading about the Town and the Swifts this may have been the case and maybe there should be a nod to tradition? Anyway, whatever the colours, I just want to see them play some decent football and win some games.

2 Likes

Red and black appeared under the Bonser regime. So it can be consigned to the dustbin of history!

1 Like

Bonser very much in the black

4 Likes

The club very much in the red. :thinking:

4 Likes

And just about to get even more in the black form the Rico fund!

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1400361619125833728?s=20

Looks like they have indeed kept the green

4 Likes

Lets hope the club shop don’t take their normal approach…”er,we’ll have 10 of each kit in medium please,and we’ll see how they go”. :frowning:

2 Likes

Glad to see we’ve kept the green trim, bought last seasons shirt purely because of that and will do again. I assume we’ve kept it because sale were ok as I know at least one member of the leadership team isn’t a fan of the red, white and green combination so good to see they’re making decision on what is well received rather than personal preference. I know not everyone likes it but that will be the case whatever you choose.

I think it is probably a generation thing as we had the green when I watched as a kid and probably a decent number of our fans are of a similar age.

2 Likes

Green Army!

away strip possibly ? Or a green sash on the home strip !