New run out song

That was the leaving-the-stadium music. I always thought it was deliberate irony. :joy:

Yeah, I’m sure we ran out to it for a bit too though.

1 Like

Saffron :heart_eyes: 15 year old me had real issues…

1 Like

They played a jazzed up football tune after the last home game as we were leaving I was thinking why don’t they run out to this

Are you one of those who is always late in because you were still in the bar? (Although you’d need to be 90 minutes late to confuse the walk off music with the walk on :rofl:)

Not guilty. @EvoBoozySaddler is the man for that. :joy:

2 Likes

We definitely ran out to Won’t Be Fooled Again and the irony wasn’t lost on me!

Was it Tick of the Clock by the Chromatics? They used that for a few matches after a number of premier league teams used it while VAR checks were going on…

2 Likes

I knew I wasn’t wrong.

We 100% used to run out to it, and then all of a sudden it became something they played at the end of the game.

1 Like

I think it was part of a medley they’d put together with Fanfare for the Common Man if I remember right?

Yeah I think it was.

Another end of game song was Ken Dodd’s Happiness, but they only played it when we won so not used that often recently.

Going back to the 70s, we ran out to Mike Oldfield’s Portsmouth for a while. Given that they were a regular rival at the time it did seem a bit odd.

1 Like

It might have been as listening to it I found it tedious.

Tick tick boom by the hives is fun to run out to

I think we should all be able to have a vote on a new run out tune as I believe we were given a choice of about 4 tunes by the club , of which none were capable of getting the crowd going .
It needs to be something to get hands clapping and feet stomping to and the fans singing along .
Maybe someone could suggest a supporters voting to the club.
But they’ll also need to make sure they play it , not like the first game .

1 Like

Maybe something like this and add the Wednesbury Road part

1 Like

That’s not a bad shout and the singers in the audience (kingcrod :wink:) could warm up their tonsils by singing, “From the roof tops shout it out, Walsall are you ready to go”.

1 Like

I’d suggest Darude Sandstorm.
No words but stirring.

3 Likes

I’d pick Cigaro by System of a Down.

1 Like

I think this is a great shout

Always thought we should run out to Cum Feel the Noize. Baby, baby, bayyyybeeee!!!

4 Likes