New strip

Well proposed Tom, now there WAS a kit!
Should always be a slight green influence (just so that I can get back to wearing my old red, white, and green scarf and not look like someone with dementia!)

3 Likes

We really went from class to crap that year…

• Dropped a far more attractive club crest
  • Dropped the Banks’s shirt sponsorship (synonymous with the successes of the previous era)
  • Dropped Nike for the home-made ‘swift’ brand

Capture

7 Likes

Not to mention the quality of the shirt.
Made out of some weird tea towel like material that wasn’t even stitched straight. The conservatory sponsor was crap felt that started coming off before it had even been washed the first time.

Fans had been clamouring for a return to the white top and Whalley proclaimed how they were giving the fans what they want… then gave us that monstrosity with a big red block through the middle of it! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Obviously this would be my choice.

Bobby Shinton in the white shirts red shorts kit.

1 Like

This is my favourite as it was the kit when I started supporting them.

Definitely should be white shirt red shorts

1 Like

This is ‘my’ kit, too. The first I remember and unique within English football (I think). Is there another club that messes about with its home colours like we do? I’d take any of our previous colours if they stuck with them. Except the claret and blue obviously.

1 Like

[quote=“Wendy_Mumford, post:9, topic:2833, full:true”]
The new kit is being made by Macron.[/quote]

Probably won’t feature a yellow top then, he hates those. :speak_no_evil:

4 Likes

I’m surprised we don’t play in the Emporer’s New Clothes.

Anyone else see Boycie from Only Fools and Horses in the Bobby Shinton picture? Just about five “heads” up and to the right from Shinton’s head. Presume we were playing Millwall.

2 Likes

Well spotted Geordie :joy:

What about the kid at the front with Dean Keates rolled up paper

Personally I couldn’t care less what what the kit looks like as long as we win football matches.

1 Like

Millwall was in the old 2nd division , when Shinner was knocking around.

You plonkers.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Patrick Moore is there as well.
We had some real celebrity supporters at Fellows Park.

Now we’ve got dancing Kev. Club’s really forging ahead!

In the press unveiling pic on the OS, Darrell Clarke is holding up a blue shirt …

We will probably be in red and white quarters!

2 Likes