Newport County (H) Tue 20th Aug, 7.45pm

That was his choice to be fair. If it doesn’t work for 10-12 games and costs us promotion or even play off places at the end of this season I’ll see that as a failure to be honest. The chairman has stated the ambition to get out of this league and, to me, it looks like he’s been given the budget. It’s not impatience, it’s expectation.

3 Likes

I dont disagree with you as it is expection, but also patience is needed when a club has had such a major overhaul like ourselves.

After the last 2 seasons he has had very little choice but to embark on a major rebuilding exercise…all I am saying is that may take a little time.I am prepared to give him that time.

2 Likes

If after 10-12 games, we were going along at a similar number of points per game, what would you want to happen?

I think a rebuilding exercise is pretty common at most clubs these days , so let’s scrap that excuse.

However I have seen more positives than negatives. I think based on our league performances we should be sat on 6/7 points.

How much does the attendance drop by after the streak?

3 Likes

I’d say a good 500 :grin:

1 Like

DC has only got two games to give me a win this season - unless I come back at Easter, or am deported from HK.

I can’t see that win coming against Plymouth, so it has to be tomorrow. 1-0 is the only option.

I’ll be in row A of the OAP stand, so should be able to see the game this time, providing the stewards don’t decide to congregate in front of me…

(On the other hand, I hope they prevent any unnecessary view of @chunkster’s streak.)

2 Likes

It’s not unnecessary Pete :joy::wink: i might go myself tomorrow night mate just so i can say hello :wink:

1 Like

Another toughie. Don’t expect us to get battered, nor do I expect us to obliterate anyone at the minute.

Anything out of this one will be a bonus, especially with Plymouth away next.

A win would be amazing. Two wins, a draw and a defeat would be a brilliant start for a new manager and squad against two losing playoff teams and the form side of 2019.

And that all typed a defeat wouldn’t be a disaster, 4 points from a tough start.

Would like to see some better attacking patterns, more play as a unit of 3 & 4 rather than an isolated 1 or 2. Mind, with only a day on the training field before this game, not sure how much of an improvement is reasonable to expect?

Agree with this totally, we failed to make an impression on Saturday because our attack consisted of 1 or 2 isolated souls with no one to talk too yet alone pass to!
My last chance of a match tomorrow until Morecambe on the 17th, so please don’t be as disjointed tomorrow or I can see, along with many others above, a defeat looming again. But how I would just LOVE to see a win.
Come on me babbies show some attacking nous, we have our Walsall back, now lets see the team give us some goals too.

2 Likes

4-3-3 gordon and adebayo AND Lavery :+1:

I’ll be the one dressed in black with helmet and face mask.

2 Likes

If we’re going to persist with the three centre halfs and wingbacks, then Hardy needs to come in for the holding midfielder. Especially at home.

Adebayo for Gordon
Hardy for Kiersey
Sadler for Jules

2-1 win

3989 in attendance

4 Likes

Early bird or not , i’ll be asking for my money back if he does …:rofl:

2 Likes

No worries but if they don’t i want paying :joy:

The only streak you’ll see off @chunkster will be a streak and kidney , if they haven’t sold out again …:roll_eyes:

1 Like

what are you insinuating? :smirk::wink:

1 Like

:rofl::+1::rofl::+1::wink:

1 Like

Performances to improve dramatically? Because at the minute I don’t think we are good enough for this clubs aims. So if that continues it’s a failure.

1 Like