Next Manager?

Hurst wouldn’t take this on in a million years. Doesn’t matter who comes in. We’re down. Give it one of the genius in the crowd.

Exactly, why would seem who still has good stock at this level get onboard the sinking ship that is Walsall FC.

I’d love to be proved wrong, but it’s pie in the sky thinking Hurst would come here.

Adam Chambers maybe but not Andy Davis he s done nothing

Decent proven managers (Hurst,Holloway, Rowett etc) wouldn’t touch us with the reputation we have of one of the smallest budgets etc. Those guys will probably cost too much anyway and demand funding commitments which JB simply won’t accept so forget it…

It’ll be a cheap ‘solution’ in the hope that a change will bring a turnaround in fortunes

All that said, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Jeff stands by Dean for now but he risks further alienation from the fans with an almost certain relegation to contend with :roll_eyes:

S*** all round basically!

No point giving it to Chambers , we need someone who might get the results to keep us up!

It’s still possible.

Darrell Clarke?

1 Like

Sallian anyone?

Darrell Clarke

2 Likes

Ian Holloway Ian Holloway and Ian Holloway

1 Like

Great choice, he WOULD keep us up, but would want a salary and a players budget, what strange ideas some football managers have eh?

I think its going to be swifty, its the only cheap option left.

1 Like

Yes I know I am dreaming - Graeme Jones from WBA.
Bonser to Graeme Jones - you want how much?
That might affect my rent money.

Luton wanted to interview him a few weeks back but nothing came of it so suggests he wants to stay at WBA for rest of the season.

The guys in row behind me were saying according to a newspaper Craig Shakespeare had been sounded out to see his interest if there’s a vacancy soon so don’t know if that is true or not but guess he’s a name to throw in the mix although this level is completely different to what he had at Leicester.

2 Likes

I cannot, for the life of me, think that Shakespeare would be interested. He must have been on ten times what we’d offer him when he was at Leicester and I’m sure could still command 4 or 5 times our salary. The only possibility would be he was at a loose end, still felt some affection for the club and would see us to the end of the season.

hearing rumours hes gone.

1 Like

To add experience to unproven manager and save some money. You don’t have to appoint new assistant, when you’ve already had one. All is needed is someone, who will accept it. That’s why all that names looks like pies in the sky.

1 Like

Let’s hope so. The fact he didn’t bother making the two final subs suggests he knew his time was up.

1 Like

In his interview on Bescot Banter he dodged the question about whether he needed to win this game to keep his job.

Good point

It would obviously be best for all concerned. Every game is now making DK look like one of the worst managers in history so tarnishing his ability to sell himself to his next employers in an interview.

As a Walsall playing legend he also wouldn’t want the stigma of coming back as a manager and relegating the club from league 1.

And more importantly for whoever is next they deserve some games where points on the board are realistic rather than wait to mid March and hope a new managerial bounce happens against Pompey, Sunderland and Barnsley which seems a wildly optimistic belief.

Disappointed it hasn’t worked out for DK but for his own good he needs to be relieved of his duties now.

8 Likes