Next Manager?

Excellent post. I’m also concerned that he’s making himself look so poor that not even a decent conference team would take a punt on him. Personally, I don’t think he’ll ever make a decent league manager but it would be nice to think he’d have a decent career as a manager in non League.

1 Like

Feels like the night Merson got the bullet.

Is the No1 fan in the country ?

Apparently he is. The fact that we haven’t yet seen the pointless post match interview is, I hope, a sign that we’ve finally made the decision.

Interview already done and has said he hopes to be in charge next week

Who??

Well that is very very disappointing. We’re clearly not even going to put up a fight against relegation then. He should have been told at 5pm.

1 Like

Newport County’s manager for me, can’t remember his name? Don’t think we would even be able to attract him never mind some of the overly ambitious names mentioned so far.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/tommymarlow/status/1096831715539075072?s=19

Anyone in mind? I think Funk-hits-the-fan might be a good choice!

Ffs! Really like the guy, but there’s no way he will stop this rot now, he hasn’t the ability.

1 Like

They’ve done ok in the cup, but they’re poor in the league, 15th i think.

That is a pathetic interview. He initially puts some blame on the number of contracts “rolled over” then blames the defeat on poor balls being put into the box…that’ll be by the two players you signed, Jarvis and Ismail!!! He’s lost it.

3 Likes

What about the long contracts he’s just dished out

2 Likes

Lays the blame at the feet of the players, says that they had worked all week on exploiting Covs weaknesses. He lost it a while ago.

1 Like

It’s become ramblings of a completely lost man .

Completely untenable now .

7 Likes

Yes, absolutely. Norman and scarr spring to mind. It’s the life of a manager that some players will already be there on contact, your job is to work with them and mould them into a team. He’s spectacularly failed to do so and statements such as he’s just made will alienate players even further at a time when we need to pull together. He just has to go

1 Like

I don’t agree…season can be salvaged but we need keates out now before it gets any worse. We have some decent players but keates has lost the plot . Don’t think he can organise a team . man management seems very poor. ■■■■ back room staff he brought in. Experienced manager till the end of season who can get the team scraping for points.is what we need NOW.

4 Likes

I’m not sure it can be either but he’s doing untold damage to the club right now and, with that post match interview, proving himself to be entirely unsuited to the post. Nobody can do worse right now, to be honest. Some shape, some organisation and a settled team for 5-10 matches and maybe we have the slightest chance. With keates in charge, we have no chance at all.

3 Likes

Agree there are enough points left on the table

Dean Smith!