Next Manager?

Jeff Bonser is the worst thing that EVER happened to Walsall FC. this opportunist parasite and his bunch of cronies did what they did for their own gain, whilst others (and we know who you are) stood around and sucked a thing rhyming with donsers’ knock. Wallet, Blower (ha ha), etc etc. We know that. However, none of that is relevant to what is currently transpiring on the football pitch. The whole Bonser scenario stinks and need to be attacked and dismantled for what it is, but we don’t need to be as bad as this and get relegated to league two into the bargain. The the muppet show that runs Walsall FC surely can’t be allowed to get away with that?

5 Likes

For someone who wears his heart on his sleeve, pride sometimes over rides the financial ramifications

Have we? I haven’t seen any decent players this season.

Kinsella and Cook :man_shrugging:

Let me throw a name at you: it would draw attention to the club in a positive sense, it could revolutionise modern football and bring a new sense of ‘hope’ to the supporters. Tell her to use the rest of this season to assess the squad and then bring her own coaching staff in, in the summer, when some of the dross are out of contract. Affordable too! Hope Powell, anyone?

5 Likes

Now that would get us on the footballing map! She would need to shake things up right from the get go…

Not sure Uncle Jeff could cope with all the focus though as it might unearth his shady ownership regime!

Never going to happen mate. Even multi millionaire Jose Mourinho refused to fall on his sword.

I think you’ll find that Franksy says ‘we are a well run club’. Who are we supposed to believe a poster on a message board or 'The Titan of the Air-ways?

For Christ’s sake, DO NOT LET STEVE COTTERILL ANYWHERE NEAR OUR CLUB!!! THE MAN IS AN ABSOLUTE CLOWN!!!

Cheri Lunghi could do a better job.

1 Like

Franksy is ill informed and ignorant - Walsall fans should boycot WM as it simply doesn’t accurately report issues around our club (and that should be its job…)

Useless reporting from useless reporters

It was a joke!

Never heard of him

Roberts,fitzwater , Edwards, Dobson kinnsella , Ismail, Jarvis , ferrier , cook , candilin , Parker , Bates as well as others . All good players . With a decent manager who can get the best out of them . And they want to play for . Or be given a chance by.

I’ve met Franksy. Don’t know if I’ve ever put this on here. In 1979 Walsall had just been relegated, and I was 11 years old. Radio Birminghan as it was then, ran a commentator competition the prize for which was an apprenticeship with them. Unbeknown to my parents I entered,(two weeks shy of starting at Mob Lane Comp Shelfield) doing a report of our last away game at Rotherham which we lost 4-1, sent off my entry in the post (as you did in those days). I got though to the quarter finals which involved going to Pebble Mill to do a bit of commentary. At this point they realised I wasn’t the requisite age to be in the competition, but allowed me to do my bit of commentary which was on the footage of the Forest v Malmo Cup final when Trevor Francis, later in his life to be my taxi organiser to New St. got the winner. The judge for the competition was Derek Dougan, big lump of an ex Wolves Striker. There was a big argument, almost a scrap after which I thought my dad was involved with. But basically Dougan Insisted I was the winner. Obviously I couldn’t win as I was only 11, so they gave me the choice of doing the match report on any of the “BIG SIX” as Coventry where under radio Brum’s jurisdiction back in those days. I chose Walsall v Torquay October 13th 1979, and Franksy was my “mentor” that day, I did the updates and interviewed our goalscorer, one Brian Caswell. The bloke who finished second in the competition was another Walsall fan, he got the apprenticeship and that same day did Villa V Albion, a lad by the name of Rob Hawthorne, now what ever happened to him:smile::smile:

13 Likes

She hasnt managed for thirty years. Would be a risky appointment imo.

Great story Geordie! I wanted to be a commentator when I was a young 'un, settled for thrill a minute of accountancy…

Did Franks ever tell you who he actually supported? Disappoints me he refuses to say as I respected someone like Tom Ross more in his BRMB heyday for admitting who his team actually was.

Rob Hawthorne must’ve been commentating on Sky for about 25 years now, remember him doing the football league coverage in the 90s so sure he commentated on Walsall a few times. Must’ve collected enough off Sky to mount his own takeover bid by now!

Good story that GS. Enjoyed it.

1 Like

Good story.
You mention he is/was a Walsall fan?
Never heard him say or infer that but if that’s true you should get in touch with him maybe?
He may know of people in the Media world who want to invest in a “well run club” and help us to get rid of the Rent Man.

My brothers best mate use to work with Franksy and I asked him that exact question and it is the Blues ! Make of that what you will as you on air he appears very pro Villa/Wolves.

Apparently he goes to great lengths to try and appear neutral … although he does appear to have a certain disdain for WFC.

1 Like

Roberts the last two games but he’s been terrible this season.

Fitzwater has been every bit as poor as Guthrie.

Edwards hasn’t looked anywhere near the player since he’s come back. Even the game he scored in.

Dobson has been absolutely bang average apart from the first couple of months.

I said Kinsella and Cook are the only ones?

Ismail?! Probably the worst of the lot. Looks like he couldn’t give a ■■■■.

Jarvis was good the first couple of games he’s come in, since then he’s been completely ineffective.

Ferrier?! Hasn’t shown me anything at all bar the Gillingham game.

As for what makes you think Candlin, Bates and Parker are the people to dig us out I’m genuinely baffled. Your definition of a good player is different to mine based on their performances all year.