Next Manager?

Everything is financial at this club.not saying Odismal was brilliant but worse managers than him have been given a lot longer now i wonder why he was sacked so quickly?:wink:

1 Like

Re: Rob Hawthorne

My parents were friends with his parents a long time ago. We used to go round his house a fair bit and he’d be in his bedroom watching a recording of MOTD on Beatamax, commentating onto a c90 into a small cassette deck. Even went away with them for a few weekends.

My dad & I were season ticket holders at Fellows Park and I was Saddlers obsessed at the time. Don’t recall Rob being a Walsall fan, but may be wrong. From memory he liked all the West Mids clubs and was just obsessed with football facts and figures, with a leaning towards the Safdkets. Worked tirelessly to be a commentator.

Defo worth a mail mind.

1 Like

Rob Hawthorne
Small world ain’t it.
If you have that back story as well with your family links what about if both you and Geordie made contact today. That might be a double whammy that he couldn’t ignore?
#timesupJeff

Ha ha, that’s great! I’ve just dug out the press cuttings which my dad kept and then passed onto me before he died, there’s not much mention of Rob as the “story” was all about the goofy 11 year old that sneaked into the competition, there’s even a picture of me in the press box which I’d completely forgotten about. Likewise there’s nothing on the net saying who he supports, although the stuff that is out there is wrong, says the competition was Beacon Radio on Wiki. Maybe he was just humouring me! I wouldn’t be surprised, I was a bit of a nutter when I was a kid. Eccentric I think they used to call it, probably be a social services job in this day and age. When the reserves started playing in the Intermediate league with 10.45 Saturday morning ko’s I’d leave the house at 9 am and go down, then at half-time I’d just bum a lift on the supporters bus to where ever we were playing if it wasn’t too far, turn back up at the house at 7.30, nobody batted an eyelid. By 13 I was bumming trains down to london for games, one day that went horribly wrong. Went to Fulham on the tube, got off at Fulham Broadway when I saw the floodlights, then when I got to the ground it was Stamford Bridge!! Some Irish bloke took me under his wing as he supported Fulham, took me on the bus, paid me in and waited outside Craven Cottage to make sure I got the right tube for Euston home, and gave me a fiver for some dinner!. I’d set off with £3 quid, and got home with £8 quid. My mum nearly had the thumb screws on us to find out where I’d nicked the fiver.

9 Likes

You should write a book Geordie

3 Likes

I bet that Irish bloke wouldn’t do that today…he would be done for child molestation!!!

Well that analogy went straight over my head…who are the tree huggers?

Forest?

That’s it!! We need a game against them, nailed on win.

Get it sorted Deano, behind closed doors friendly ASAP.

Whats the cost difference between paying off Keates and those losses and the losses in gate revenue by being relegated? Cause thats what this boils down to, right?

1 Like

Always enjoyed bittertreehugger’s posts. Wonder if he ever checks on our current problems.

Those who have tried over the years to achieve progress through dialogue, meetings and cups of tea.

Swifty
Daz Rhodes
Olly Beckett, Asps etc last year
Rob this year

There’s probably a few others I’ve missed.

Well I’ve never had a cup of tea or a chat with Mole or Gamble…if you insist on repeating this piece of scurrilous slander,I will have no option but to get my legal team involved.

If i didn’t have a job where public disgrace would mean I’d lose my job, i would be a bitter post hugger and handcuff myself to the goals in front of the gildert alsop.

Is he any relation to Gilbert Alsop Sadsfan?..:smile:

Wayne Swift

Gary Bowyer is first choice for me. He steadied a sinking ship at Blackpool and if you can steady that, you should be able to handle this mess.

Second choice would be Paul Hurst.

After that, Ian Holloway if we give him the time and tools to do a complete overhaul but it would need the board buying into everything he proposes. I doubt we’d afford his wages mind but you’d have to hope he’s fed up of getting the sack so quickly and would like a job where he is there to strip it all down and start again.

7 Likes

Bowyer is a cracking shout.

I thought of two words while out with my daughter earlier. Unrealistic, for completely different reasons to Allardyce & Rowett, but it would certainly never be boring…

dons tin hat

Steve Evans!

Imagine Steve Evans and Stafflers trying to pass each other in our tunnel

4 Likes

Paul Hurst for me 100% if he can turn the sloppies around which he did into a well organised outfit I’m sure he could do it here, even with the rabble we’ve got! Plus it would pee the sheep chasers off no end😂

How about thinking so far out of the box that you can’t even see the box? Alex Scott…she talks a good game…:wink: