Next Manager

Im sure he scored at least two from the halfway line :joy:

Well that’s we’re he’ll be standing.

3 Likes

Still young enough to play surely…

Great appointment. Young and hungry with good pedigree, and most importantly, an experienced assistant.

Let’s win the Bastard league.

11 Likes

DEAD happy with this. Young, hungry, experienced number 2, what’s not to like!?

4 Likes

I’m sure he scored against us when he played for Northampton, and really goaded the Walsall fans too. I remember it because nobody had given him any stick, so I didn’t understand the animosity.

Anyway, if he gets us out of league 2 I couldn’t care less. Welcome Matt Taylor!

1 Like

I remember that. He was a well-known player, around for years, and played against us a few times too.
I like that he played at various levels and didn’t spend his entire career either as a journeyman or as a Premier League Ponce.

1 Like

This one against Everton was a beauty:

3 Likes

As others have said, I like the combination. Between the three,a good mix of hopeful youth and worldly , possibly a bit cynical, experience.

2 Likes

Well, we should have quite long odds at the bookies to win the league next season (19th finish & new inexperienced manager), so could be worth a cheeky tenner…

2 Likes

I’ll back the bloke, hopefully he’ll be forward thinking and have a team playing with flair.

I was as surprised it wasn’t Steve Coppell as I was that it wasn’t Martin O’Neill for DOF. :joy:

2 Likes

Really pleased with this, especially the appointment of MacDonald as assistant. It seems that Pomlett has listened to concerns about Dutton not having adequate support in the dugout.

He did…

1 Like

Well they have settled my bet as a losing bet arseholes

Solid, young coach should be good at bringing on the youngsters been in the set of both Pochettino and Mourinho played at various levels and under some good managers like Harry Redknapp - experience Dutton hasn’t had

Experienced number two in Neil McDonald possible a better coach than manager rated by Phil Brown and Big Sam which the latter maybe a good contact if he stays with WBA next season to get some promising loan players. Neil also knows this league.

Will it work, let’s wait and see but ticks a lot of boxes imho

3 Likes

Matty Taylor barmy army!

I’m rather happy with him and the assistant.
Now let’s see what players he brings in. He certainly isn’t a cheap option so I’m glad that one dead and buried.

1 Like

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/19313470.former-carlisle-united-boss-neil-mcdonald-lands-role-walsall/

Cumbria local news up to speed on McDonald…

yep and mine. going to contact them now.

If it was Taylor on his own I’d be worried, especially given that he’s our apparent number one target. The fact that he’s got a experienced assistant around him means that it’s been a well thought out process.

1 Like

Complain to the ombudsman. Seriously.