Next Manager

Neal Ardley isn’t a bad shout to be fair

1 Like

Not sure I’d want Jackett as manager based of what Portsmouth fans say about him after his stint there, stinks of what Bristol City fans were saying about SOD before he came here- turned the corner into a bit of a football dinosaur.

Jackett also very pally with DC, who spent a lot of time down at Portsmouth with Jackett whilst inbetween the Rovers job and us, I’d imagine DC would happily talk dirt about us to him if it came to it.

Has to be Jose Dominguez.

2 Likes

Neil Harris is interesting. We aren’t Millwall, but we are a small Club fighting against the odds and he would, I think, totally understand our support and would know how to get everyone onside. He’s a proper grown-up and a decent bloke, which would be a refreshing change after DC.
But there are several good names on that list, along with a few horrors, and some that seem unrealistic.

2 Likes

John McGreal or Rob Kelly for me.

1 Like

I cannot believe Jackett is the favourite. If we get him it would be an absolute miracle.

If we’re only considering the realistic options it’s Wellens all day as the best candidate.

2 Likes

Imagine he’ll have better options, maybe even from Swindon. Hard to know quite how unattractive a proposition we are at the moment.

I also reckon the club have already got someone lined up. They will announce the manager and then announce season tickets which will provide a boost in sales and positivity. So I’m guessing it’ll be someone to please the masses. Buzzing to find out who

1 Like

How often have the bookies got the betting on our next manager correct… If ever, at what point in time before the announcement?

Just saw a tweet saying that Steven Reid, Ex West Brom/Burnley and whoever else he played for in his career would be looking at a managers position.

Currently a coach with Scotland and Forest though, but someone like that I’d be happy with.

1 Like

Someone from the fifth league, who has fresh ideas? Or maybe someone, who currently works in the background staff somewhere? I’m just very curious, how this new process of finding the right man will look like now. And I hope it will be better, than two last ones.

Not sure about that. There might be money relative to other clubs and the new HC will almost certainly improve on this season. Personally, I prefer someone who has never been HC, unless they are like Nichol, but they have to know their way around the game.

1 Like

Was mentioned on another channel, our best appointments tend to be left-field.

Yeah there isn’t exactly going to be a queue. I just meant more interms of reputation vs size of the club. There’s nothing to say we’d get Wellens but he’s the best option on our level.

Jackett wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole.

Unfortunately not, and he’d probably need a decent budget anyway.

Cardinal Vincent Nichols it is then!

5 Likes

Personally wouldn’t want Jackett. Not highly thought of by the Pompey fans.

As some others have said and we all know, a ‘name’ doesn’t equal success.

2 Likes

Believeeeeeeeee

Jackett would have been a good call for the DOF role, not sure how he would be happy to work under JF.

1 Like

Who’s the physio these days?

1 Like