Next New Manager

I’d take either of those, or Cowley.

Any of those 3 in and it’s almost guaranteed that we finish higher in the league than we do if we stick with Sadler and they all feel fairly safe bets, which we need as we’re circling the trapdoor at this point.

Hey! There’s a thread for that stay on topic. :angry:

1 Like

May as well have a cardboard cutout of Pep in the dugout.

Makes no odds who we appoint they’ll end up shite.

Going to have to come back to this again, I really like the Stephen Bradley shout. I feel like we missed a trick in opting against Neill Collins in the summer and this would be a similar type of appointment - if he’d come.

Anyone?

1 Like

just seen this, we need to be all over it

A Collins/ Bradley type appointment would have been great in the summer. Whilst I did suggest we consider Bradley, on reflection he might be too high risk right now considering our plight.

I do agree, the summer would have been the time, but given the track record, I think it’d have a lot of upside and given the results over a long period of time, should be more than enough to avoid the drop.

With the players we have, it takes you really making a mess of it to be anywhere near the risk of relegation.

Waddock was Bonners assistant at Cambridge. He could be a good appointment - better than Sadler.

1 Like

Got Cambridge up on a small budget didn’t he?

Ainsworth’s a decent bloke and did well at Wycombe, but at QPR?

Another thing, silly I know, but since the Steve Jones experience…and Frank Sibley (urgh), anyone that has QPR on their CV, for me, is tainted!
Note to self: Waddock has QPR on his CV.

Lol just one of them clubs that is a poisoned chalice wander who else is like that

It is all pie in the sky wishing for a new manager, you could wish for who you like, they won’t come
I am sure we interviewed quite a few good one’s after Flynn left, and they turned US down not the other way round, they didn’t want the job with the budget that was available, so we ended up with Sadler
For this club to be successful we have to show any new potential manager that we have ambition, and unfortunately we don’t.

3 Likes

Could ask him to bring Liam Bennett with him too

1 Like

I’ve heard from a source in the club, and I’m sworn to secrecy so I can’t name him/her, they have approached a certain Sir Alex… (can’t give you his surname) about the job, fingers crossed, it’s looking promising :wink:.

Sir Alexander Fleming is an excellent choice, we need a person who can do something to combat the disease that afflicts our club.

1 Like

Or write a good book…sorry, wrong Fleming

Form a orderly queue.

5 Likes

I don’t think he will be going anywhere.

That is a joke. Who really would want one. I can’t give mine away as it is.