Next Walsall manager

Whoever gets the job will be doing the job with one hand tied behind his back due to a severe lack of funds. I feel sorry for whoever gets the job.

1 Like

I felt sorry for DC but it lasted about a year :wink:

No money to pay for a decent manager
No decent manager will work for nothing or with a budget of pork scratchings.

Bleak

3 Likes

This statement from Pomlett tomorrow will be interesting.

He’s going to have to be honest but somehow drive interest in early birds coming up. I can’t see how he can square that circle to be honest.

I won’t be getting an early bird unless there’s a very positive message coming out of it.

2 Likes

As a club i think we will survive, but it is a club in name only :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I won’t be getting an early bird unless there is a ■■■■■■■ KIGHTHOOD coming out of it :joy:

5 Likes

I agree. More likely div 4 will become for us what Div 3 used to be.

1 Like

With the odd foray into National League :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Mine lasted about a millisecond then I came to my senses :rofl:

1 Like

David Kelly. Keep him on the Radio.

1 Like

There’s a word that gets used in connection with other football clubs, rightly or wrongly, that being “potential”. You hardly ever see that word used in our context. I didn’t like the way DC talked down our brief periods of historical success as though they were something we should be almost ridiculed for aspiring to in the future. The best managers just come in with a plan and get on with it in a forward looking way, presumabley because they see potential to be successful. DC was almost always backwards looking to me, talking up his own record and telling us to forget ours.

When this madness is over there could be a real bounce for things like football at our level. To embrace that we need to be entertaining, connected (to the fans), and at least have a serious ambition of getting up a level. I didn’t see hardly any of that with DC, and to me the next appointment should fit that mould. We deserve more than what DC delivered, at least give us the “dare to dream” that used to be the staple of being a Saddler - and Pomlett has a task on his hands here.

6 Likes

Emma Hayes?? Trailblazers!!!

1 Like

Literally anyone that doesn’t talk ■■■■ repeatedly and has some level of consistency. It would be an improvement on our last three managers.

2 Likes

We have done the ‘keep the down trodden fans happy with an ex player’ appointment. No thanks.

1 Like

Doubt viveash would be interested or affordable at all but if you want someone who’s quality with youth???

1 Like

Frank lampard is interested after reading about the potential of the Venue, he thinks working in the second city will bring a cosmopolitan feel to the job :grin:

Setting the bar low, but actually that would do for starters. :laughing:

1 Like

If he can get a suite at the hotel for Christine and it’s on the Covid list for quarantine for his South American scouting trips it could be a goer.

1 Like

Got to say the chances of getting Lampard are looking Bleak…ley

2 Likes

Whomever the next person is, one lesson ought to be well and truly learnt from our last trio of appointments- no more three year contracts right out of the gate. They massively restrict your options where signs point to things not working out, as we have found to our detriment.

The honeymoon period lasts 8-12 games. Two years is plenty.

1 Like