No More Money

Luckily for us we’ve got a bloke on the board who’s company built it :flushed:

2 Likes

Probably just out of warranty

5 Likes

Warranty probably only applied to original owner (Denglen Limited).

Can certainly see crowds dipping consistantly below 3k next season for first time in a long while.

Probably could’ve happened this season in normal times but the absence of live football for 18 months meant plenty came back to see yet more fourth tier meaningless games from this point in the season.

Add in youth team struggling so not much connection to young players coming through and lack of investment once more in first team and it’s a really bleak picture.

Non league is coming in next two seasons I fear unless something changes but just can’t see it happening so more teams coming up like Wrexham and Stockport will just continue to overtake this tired old relic.

6 Likes

Absolutely and when you look at the place it’s a joke that he takes 400 grand a year for rent on it.

And doesn’t cover the normal cost of repairs to his ‘property’ that a landlord does for a tenant so costs us even more!!

1 Like

It’s scandalous almost laughable mate.

Maintenance is tenant responsibility on many commercial leases, apparently. I too was appalled when I found out, but it’s nothing unusual, so m’learned friends in the UK tell me.

1 Like

Not unusual at all. And I can sort of see the logic. Someone uses your property. The amount of wear and tear on it will depend on what they do with it and how careful they are with it. So make it their responsibility to ensure general upkeep.

Of course, the rent charged must reflect this so, if the club were to have a landlord repairing lease, the annual rent would need to increase accordingly!!

I wonder what the bill would be to repair the stadium? with the rent break coming up i think it would be prudent to save the money and put it towards a move, and like Brighton did with Amex, get someone to fund it, we could get a large wealthy company to fund ours, Homeserve Stadium anyone?

I know this issue of structural repairs was mentioned in one of the questions put forward at the meeting the other day…but where/how did it come up before that to make them raise it as a question?

Has something definite been bought up by the club elsewhere?

or maybe if the landlord was a dodgy crook and owned the business too he could charge whatever he liked to filter money into a pension pot. Thus making all conversations on fair rates and lease conditions a bit pointless don’t you think?

https://twitter.com/wfcofficial/status/1484559924680089607?s=21

Not sure if this was the thread to post this on, can anyone advise? :smiley:

:see_no_evil::joy::see_no_evil::joy:

2 Likes