No Shaking Hands

new rules from Saturday lads:

"Supporters should be aware of this when attempting to interact with our players and staff.

1 Like

What about hugging them on the pitch when we score a last minute winner?

1 Like

I wouldn’t kiss them using tongues.
:kissing: :tongue:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the corona virus issue is now getting out of hand , I get it must be awful if you were to contract it , and it is dangerous of you are in a at risk group .
But 20 years ago this would have just been another strain of Asian flu it used to happen every couple’of years , I think it’s the social media / snowdrop generation going into overdrive.
, The BBC are the worse complete hysteria .
Over 17000 people die in the UK every year from influenza , no body says a word .

5 Likes

No problem concerning “no shaking of hands” but I sincerely hope I could still give Gamble and Mole a big kick up the arse if I met them, pair of tossers.

5 Likes

I think it is because it’s " getting out of hand " Saddlerone✋️

1 Like

Who knew that some random flu from China might just push us to make sure every sink has hot water and soap.

Will you still be allowed to “ shake hands with the vicar “ ?

It would be a better precaution to stop flobbing all over the pitch.

7 Likes

Will we still be allowed to high five Swifty?

1 Like

Be aware of Bird Flu.

2 Likes

Will I be allowed to vent my spleen if things are going badly on Saturday afternoon?

I can’t tell whether this is just modern day hysteria or whether this is a lot bigger than we currently understand. At this stage the numbers and the noise appear disproportionate.

6 Likes

Handy media story. No major wars or catastrophes, no decent deaths or assassinations, so this is headlines and analysis for the next however long.

Something something Winchester pint blow over, or serious remains to be seen, but if its nothing the same people shouting the loudest now will congratulate themselves…

1 Like

People say this but countries themselves are taking it seriously. I don’t remember sporting events being played behind closed doors, school closures and lockdowns because of the flu, and that ain’t the media’s decision. It’s strange and something doesn’t add up.

2 Likes

Politicians and the media are strange. What politician is going to come out now and say ‘well actually the lives of up to 1% of our citizens isnt worth the economic damage’? Even though thats the silent decision made every year with seasonal flu.

2 Likes

I don’t know whether I am being silly or sensible but we were due to fly to Northern Italy on the 14th for a skiing holiday but have decided, after much agonising, not to go. I am 68 and Mrs Hullsaddler is 70 so we are in higher risk groups. I think it is also the thought of potentially being quarantined either there or here as well. Our daughter,partner and young grandchildren were going too. We are going to take the financial hit as we won’t be able to claim anything from our insurance. Very disappointing but we feel better having come to a decision about it.
Silver lining may be a trip to Mansfield instead … not quite the same as the Alps somehow though,

7 Likes

3 Likes

I’m suprised there’s anyone around to be contracting Covid 19. According to the media and the politicians 30 odd years ago we should have all died from AIDS or CJD by now.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s handy media stories and then there’s actual deaths and widespread illness. Not saying it’s as bad as what is reported but when is the media not hysterical?

The response to this seems to be “well it’s just the old and the already ill dying”. What, so ■■■■ em?

3 Likes