Non League

So I genuinely dont know mate - but can you get the land and build a 10,000 seater stadium for that?

I’d imagine it cost more but dont have any real knowledge

I don’t know Mazza

I think the guys above who say no talk should be entertained while the original club is still competing are spot on

But evidence suggests that the reformed clubs who retain sizeable gates are bouncing back to the NL-N / NL-S.

Hereford were getting gates in the thousands to see them play the likes of Walsall Wood and Khalsa in their first season back

I don’t either mate. Just merely emphasising our current financial obligations.

1 Like

Rotherham United went to Don Valley short term

Would Alexander Stadium be an option short term

Loads of parking
Good road links
Few localish train stations
Few pubs as well

Granted it’s not in Walsall and have zero ideas on the football suitability of the venue but it’d be interesting to see if it was considered

I’d be up for that provided that there was a firm plan around how long we would be there for and there was concrete work on a new home.

So if we had the land and the funding to build an adequate stadium on that land then a year or two down at Perry Barr wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

If we went there whilst we worked things out with no plan then it could spell the end of us.

Think it will hold 40,000 for the Commonwealth Games so we could break our home record if we say go a big cup draw and gave the away team 20,000 tickets. :grinning:

2 Likes

Absolutely.

The Rotherham model (oh the irony) is our best way forward.
Similar sized club that is doing what we could if we were our best selves.

Yeah same. Knowing us though we’d balls it up, end up in Perry Barr for 10 years before being kicked out with nowhere to go.

I’d take a couple of years there though, would go into Birmingham pre-match too :beers:

3 Likes

A new ground anything near as good as bescot nowadays would be £20 million

I think we should have explored moving to the alexander stadium permanently with the commenwealth game’s they could have it made into a nice football ground, I don’t think it would be popular at all though with the fans.

1 Like

Parts of Pheasey come under a Walsall postcode, and it’s only about 2 miles further.

Pomlett would go up in my estimations if he bit the bullet and came up with a plan to avoid the freehold

Wonder what the cost of the freehold to our out of date stadium would be, as opposed to the cost of a new stadium where we owned the freehold

Villa and Blues all over the Pheasey Chunkster :crazy_face:

1 Like

People have mentioned Hednesford ground before apparently it was a million pound.
I understand the thought behind it but I’ve been there and even tho it’s half Decent for Hednesford town it wouldn’t make sense for us , for a start we’d obviously want the behind terrace and main stand and also the terrace on the side which would leave about 300 seat’s behind the one goal as the away end imagine the money Lost on away tickets.
Then there’s the car Park it would cost a million quid to concrete it when I went the van got stuck in the mud , it would basically be cheaper to buy it for a million knocking it down and building a new ground but then you are back to square one paying for that

A few years ago I went to the old Brighton ground which was an athletics track. Fans so far away from the pitch it was even more soulless than Bescot.

2 Likes

And you could never park near the ground, you had to park up and get a free bus.

1 Like

And now look at them…agree we’re much better off.

Exactly.

A step back or two with a solid plan about future strides forward would be fine. But those plans need to be contractually set rather than a plan for a plan for a plan. At least then we could galvanise behind a light on the hill that promised better times.

As it is, we are taking steps backwards anyway but with no light on the hill.

Our circumstances have changed dramatically since our lease and rent arrangements were drawn up. We should seek renegotiation that gives far more certainty and assurance. If the landlord won’t play ball (and they have absolutely no obligation to), then we need to have the leverage of a viable alternative.

We need to find a front foot move in this whole saga.

6 Likes

Quick reminder that Walsall are locked in to the lease at Bescot, so can’t move unless the club folds.

3 Likes

Our number one fan really didn’t miss a trick, did he?

4 Likes

Locked I guess unless both parties mutually agreed to redraw the terms?