Non League

What a lovely bloke. You always go off like this in the morning here. Have you had a beer or something on an evening in NZ?

Nah mate. Just absolutely sick of Stretch’s anti-club crusade.

Great to see you’re still keeping tabs in case I say anything you disagree with so you can jump in on behalf of anyone else I might be replying to. Been a while. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Obviously don’t agree with the rancid comment, but the rest is stark reality, fans for ages rallied to rid bonser from hot seat, now they want pomlett gone even after he said his aim is too re-unite the stadium back with club.

4 Likes

You just usually spout something early in the morning which creates a bit of confrontation. It usually ends with you coming back to the thread once you’ve slept it off with your tail between your legs apologising for forgetting your ‘moderating duties’. It’s nothing personal.

3 Likes

I agree with your sentiments on this.I could not take seriously the post you refer to. Its as if everything was rosy before LP, that COVID had never happened and that DC had left us a promotion winning team!!! Unbelievable!!

3 Likes

Great to see how you interpret my modding and my posting. Seems as though if you disagree I’m a bad mod and everyone needs to be told, but if you don’t I might get the odd post like. Good for you.

Every chairman of every football club will have peaks and troughs of popularity, it goes with the role.
Ultimately, some of what they do will define their legacy.
I really hope Pomlett sorts this mess out and gets the football club moving in the right direction, at whatever speed, so long as the direction of travel is upwards.

At the moment, I think the relatively easy job he had post Bonser of aligning the club and fan base for the common good is at best, in serious jeapardy, at worst its descending into some kind of familiar disarray.

For me personally, If I had to pick one overriding feeling that defines this regime, I wouldn’t be able to get past the fact that it is the one that has gambled our football league status.

Its a gamble we might well get away with, and I’ll be watching on Friday with fingers and toes crossed that we get 3 points and in say a fortnite from now we’re well clear and we can put this appalling season behind us then look to Pomlett to start getting decisions right, and support him in that process.

But we’re nowhere near there yet, and the reckless undertakings of not seriously attempting to replace Adebayo, and the baseless persistence with Dutton currently define how I feel about those running Walsall FC.

5 Likes

Exile I’ll apologise if my sentiments come across as anti club. I care like everyone else but we won’t all articulate our views in the same way. I try to be constructive and I try to look at things from other angles. I just feel at the moment we’ve gone from one regime to another with little or no change. But point taken if my views are causing problems for you I’ll reign them in no problem.

Rancid Fan is harsh but been called worse.

2 Likes

If that’s what you want… how is that going to happen and what’s the alternative?

You’re entitled to your opinion, so don’t stop on my account. Just expect me to call you out if my opinion differs. It’s UTS. If there’s ten posters online right now that means there’s 11 opinions. :grinning:

I’m sure you’re not really rancid.

2 Likes

I must be a rancid fan because I think “Dogs Abuse” is completely fair if you buy a recently relegated club, talk about promotion, put in charge an ego maniac with nobody to reign him in, sell our best players last few days of a transfer window with no decent replacements, STILL talk about promotion and how you have a top 10 budget, claim a manager needs wins only for them to not win a game in 10, STILL do nothing about it and then have the cheek to ask fans to back off under those circumstances. Personally I think he’s very lucky that nobody can be in the ground watching this ■■■■■ and actually voice their opinion. There would probably be a few rancid fans paying to be in the ground and tell him/the manager/the players exactly what they think.

He might even have to stick to one of his words.

6 Likes

I know and he’s a Mod :rofl:

1 Like

I’m a Rancid fan……And Out Come The Wolves is my favourite CD by them.

3 Likes

It’s not that I disagree with you, I have only quoted the part where you have to throw insults around, it’s that I’m disagreeing with the way you put things across. Learn to put your point across without lowering yourself to silly insults.

The fact you’re now saying I sometimes agree proves it’s nothing personal by the way.

IMHO the club would probably be slightly better off financially if we were out of the league.

Apparently the signage pays enough to cover the rent part and if we were non league
matchday income and season ticket sales would drop admittedly, and they may do even if we remain the 4th division post covid, while we win back disillusioned fans, but there would be considerable savings on

a) Players wages should be either a similar level or possibly less ( if thats possible ) and we could have a smaller tighter squad

b) Police costs will drop considerably

c) Less match day staff on catering, stewards, ticket office etc

They would then make £35 annual profit instead of £34!

You forget the “prestige” of being a football league club. That gets us events, conferences (including football ones), advertising revenue etc.

I think we should be very clear - a drop into non league and we could easily end up like York, Darlington and similar. The conference is very competitive these days, there’s a lot of money swilling about.

3 Likes

The other income has very little to with the footballing side

The adverting wouldn’t change if it was a sewage works there instead of a football club its a lump of metal with a TV in it floating above the M6. and I think the pull on the events side would be effected any more than the Searchers retiring and Joe Longthorne popping his clogs

I would have thought that would make LPs eyes open with delight

I was sold the “better off in League Two” dream two years ago, now look at us.

It’s a no from me for non league. And shouldn’t even be close to consideration. The performances have been abysmal.

8 Likes

May I offer you a little ray of sunshine Mr EN in what has been a dull season and for the record I agree with you wholeheartedly mate.