Northampton (a)

Tickets on sale today:

Northampton Town away tickets now on sale - News - Walsall FC (saddlers.co.uk)

Could be a big match in the context of the season - I reckon we will need more than what we have been given.

1 Like

Cheap on the train for this one, hoping there’s no strikes :crossed_fingers:t2:

Just been on the Trainline industrial action planned for that day :rage:

1 Like

Had a feeling it would be :unamused:

Just got four Northampton away tickets, they are selling very fast, get in quick

4 Likes

just picked mine up be great to take a big following there as we usually do

I cant see that on there mate didn’t think they’d announced any dates in Feb yet, that’s annoying

Doesn’t say any planned on National Rail:

National Rail Enquiries - Industrial Action

1 Like

We nearly always get a decent following when we go there, but it could be even more tempting for a few more now.

Stretching things a bit as the game is still nearly a month away, and this bloody cup run thing doesn’t help with us now having an ever increasing backlog of postponed league games to deal with (great isn’t it! :grin:), but with 2 games in hand on them a win could potentially put us just 1 point behind them and into the race for 3rd place.

If we make up more ground before then, it could end up as another sell out for our fans.

1 Like

No strikes planned YET but I understand Mick Lynch wants to go big in February on strike action so 'd think at least two weekends will see significant disruption. Can see trains or no trains a massive travelling gate for this one.

1 Like

Hope that travelling gate gets back asap as it might be being used to keep a flock of sheep in the field or horses, maybe even a fierce Rottweiler.

If it’s a massive travelling gate perhaps we could all grab hold of it and save the train hassle.

1 Like

Or, we could flip it round so it is horizontal and ride on it like mossive flying carpet!

2 Likes

Just clicked on the yellow warning and it comes up but it maybe just London an north western so if you are coming from elsewhere and not Brum you may be ok

It’s down as a 48 hr strike mate.

Waiting to see info have permission form the wife x

1 Like

got my 2 tickets this morning. ticket office will mail them.

Can still fondly remember the first day of 2019 season, that was a false dawn but will be similar feel this time and hopefully same result.

Pretty sure away end was packed and some of the side stand was given.

1 Like

We had the first block on the side. I went with my wife that day, our tickets were on the side. Although we watched the second half from behind the goal. There were free seats because a large group of fans spent the whole second half stood at the front behind the goal. Not causing any bother I might add, just singing and dancing and enjoying that feel good feeling. Even if it didn’t last long as you mentioned, it felt great at the time.

2 Likes

Have they finished that stand yet - I remember it being under construction on that day.

It was a good day at the start of 2019 but my favourite trip there will always be the last day of the 2001 season - a Brett Angell hat trick, Sir Ray walking round during the match asking us not to go on the pitch and a Northampton fan face-planting into the turf after their fans went on the pitch and dropped his trousers and bent over to show his arse, only to then receive a boot up it by a Walsall fan!

3 Likes