Northampton Game Postponed

For what it’s worth I believe everyone should be jabbed however it’s not my choice to make its entirely upto the individual.
My wife has had all 3, I’ve had my 2, my lad 18 has had his two (his decision) and my daughter whose 16 has had one (again her own decision)
It’s not going away so I’ve accepted it’s something we will simply have to live with, I still do the obvious things like wash/sanitise hands at every opportunity however I’m exempt from mask wearing but do put it on when I’m able too.
Whatever our beliefs and thoughts are about covid I’d hate to belong in a world where it’s forced on people with no choice, it’s upto the individual and imo should stay that way.

5 Likes

I have lost the gist of what is factual and what isn’t in respect of this pandemic.

I thought that being vaccinated doesn’t prevent the virus being caught and therefore why is the vaccination of players being brought into question?

Are you less likely to catch it if being vaccinated?

2 Likes

Just as well we live in a democratic country, wonder what folk would think if they had a son,daughter, wife, husband, relative that needed an icu care bed even though they had been jabbed but couldn’t have one as it is taken by a person who hasn’t been jabbed, this is happening quite a lot as I have family members that work in these units, think attitudes may change, mine would, oh and I been triple jabbed.

3 Likes

As previously stated why don’t we alter our season start / finish dates if we played during our so called summer gates would be better, covid would be less and we could attract more European footballers because it’s warmer :joy:

2 Likes

Similar to my lot 2 have had 2 jabs one wont have any and he is the fittest and most academic out of the lot of us his choice.

1 Like

I strongly believe that too many people think too much about their rights as citizens in our society. They then conveniently forget their responsibilities as citizens in the same society which I believe includes caring for others and voting.
For god sake get jabbed and protect others as much as possible and stop being selfish!!!
This was not aimed specifically at you Blazing, I just posted it in the wrong place so pkease don’t take it personally :pray:

12 Likes

People keep saying they can’t see him coming back and playing again. But Philips was out for nearly 3 years and was at risk of not being able to walk properly again. (I’m sure I read somewhere) but he’s done okay this season. Let’s just hope they have genuinely got the bottom of the injury and he makes a full recovery and gets a decent run of games. Good thing is that hopefully we don’t rush him back to quickly and we get the rehabilitation correct and get his strength and conditioning 100% first

1 Like

It’s fine, I have broad shoulders :wink:

Your point is a fair one. I don’t altogether agree with it though. The uptake of the vaccine was huge in this country, far greater than expected by all accounts. Let’s not point all the blame for what is going on at a minority that made a choice not to be vaccinated for whatever reason. The adherence to lockdown and other restrictions initially was also very good, by the governments own admission far greater than they ever expected. Lot’s of kind people out there looking out for the elderly and vulnerable. People are good in the main I believe.

The problem being all the way along there have been promises and carrots dangled which have constantly been taken away. No doubt they didn’t even believe what they were saying themselves at the time.

Merry Christmas to you, I hope you have a good one.

4 Likes

People make me sick, so selfish and hypocritical.

Always I don’t believe in this, I shouldn’t have to do this, I can do what I want, no one can tell me what to do etc.

Always more important than anyone else, always believe that their world view is more important than anyone else’s, that because they want to do whatever they want that others should have to accept that, and never challenge it, and that they have a right to berate others for making different choices that run counter to their all important beliefs - like those anti vaxxers who hang around outside vaccination centres harassing those in the queue, consider the absolute hypocrisy of telling others what to do because they don’t like being told what to do!

You don’t want to get jabbed - fine, you don’t want to wear a mask - fine, you don’t want to social distance or follow any rules - fine, just don’t leave your effing house and keep away from those who shouldn’t have to put themselves in danger for you, when you couldn’t give a ufck about them, or accept your beliefs when you don’t accept theirs.

4 Likes

I totally agree mate it was a bit tongue in cheek from me tbh.If we have indeed got to the bottom of his injury and we can nurse him back to 100% fitness then we all know there’s a player that’s better than this league in there and potentially a top end of the league above player on his day, fingers crossed it doesn’t take 3 years like the example you mentioned and by the middle of sort of the new year and the end of the season we will see him playing some games for us.

1 Like

Wholeheartedly correct, on the local news recently Bolton Royal Hospital took in 43 covid cases, 2 had been vaccinated!!!
Consider that all those out there who think it’s all a matter of choice…
Those who won’t be jabbed cus they think it’s their right to say no, are out there probably spreading it to the most vulnerable in our society.

1 Like

And according to your figures clogging up beds causing the nhs to be under pressure and creating a situation where the rest of us are locked down to protect the same.

1 Like

According to the bloke i just watched on channel 4, they will all be dead soon anyway :joy:

No but there is the new rules on isolation, with double jabbed folk not having to self isolate after being in contact with someone whose had a positive test. If a player isn’t double jabbed in theory he would have to self isolate if one of his team mates got it. Potentially causing havoc within a workplace/squad of folk who aren’t double jabbed.

That’s if they follow the same rules as the rest of us… Which I don’t know if they have too.

1 Like

It weren’t a dig at your comment btw. I just see so many posts saying his careers over but when you look at it there are players who have been in simlar situations and come back from what looked impossible. We need to keep the belief and hope he does come good. Also need to hope if he does come good he repays the favour by giving us another year or 2 not just sodding off if he does make a positive return.

1 Like

Thanks for that clarification.

100% mucka

I don’t understand it either.

It was a torn meniscus ffs not a double leg break.

My staffy snapped her cruciate 18 months ago which she recovered from but then had a torn meniscus. She has since fully recovered, and runs like a lunatic (esp when she celebrates doing a #2).

What people forget is that there was a mis diagnosis and not spotted for ages hence being injured quite often, if there had not of been a mis diagnosis he would have been back fully towards the end of last season

1 Like

In Holdens case I think we sometimes forget that to play at this level you need to be more than just fit and you need to be confident to go into a tackle. If he is not ready to give 100% it could ruin his career to put in sub standard performances.

With regards to getting Jabbed it must be the choice of the individual. It is human nature that a small percentage of people will object as a personal stance against being told what they should do. This attitude is what the UK is all about.

I have just found out that a lifelong friend who I do not speak to as often as I should has had no jabs for no real reason. Maybe I can convince him it’s a good idea but it’s up to him in the end.

I think the problem is that people think what’s the point you can still catch it anyway and I think we should be better informed. My understanding is that the real reason for the Jab is that if you do catch it you will not suffer as much, which is a big bonus in my book. If every country in the world is using experts with a lot more knowledge than I have and are prepared to spend a fortune providing a vaccine which could save my life, I want to use my freedom of choice and make my own decision.

Some decisions should be easy.

4 Likes

I do exactly the same in my bathroom each morning sometimes I run around in circles that much I get dizzy especially if I have a ghost wipe too.

1 Like