"Not a bad week"

This not a bad week tweet is going to be up there with

Luton Bournemouth and Rotherham line from Jeff

& the

Mock interviews for Brian from Pomlett

I bet Pomlett wants to strangle the social media lad :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s a little strange. Everything about the club is good, everything works well, and all the people are exactly the right people. And yet, here we are a few points from the bottom of the fourth division, saved hopefully by the presence of two worse teams this season, but possibly about 15 months away from being a non-league team.
The dichotomy between the views of LP and the actuality is stark.

6 Likes

I wonder if he would be delighted to get the deal done?

1 Like

It probably got loads of “engagement” so Mole gave him a pat on the back.

Probably trying to put himself in the shop window so he can get out

Is this a genuine extract from the Twitter account?

“Also delighted we’ve not hit 87k followers on Twitter and 26k mark on Instagram”

If so, how ironic that even on a piece of self gratification they’ve made an error that changes the context of what’s written.

It’s a minor thing and we can all work out what it should say but, when in a media role the least they can do is spend 30 seconds proof reading it for errors.

The very essence of being professional is caring about what you do and I don’t see a lot of care and attention.

3 Likes

Its the same kind of lack of attention to detail that sees the team travel to away matches on the official Aston Villa coach.

1 Like

It’s from LinkedIn, quite common for businesses to shout about their engagement metrics

Ay? Surely that ain’t true :joy:

1 Like

It’s from Moles LinkedIn activity. Amongst other Walsall FC stuff, likes and comments on Villa related posts and boxing stuff. He also like the Stevenage CEO job being advertised. Wonder if he’s thinking of applying? :crazy_face:

Boxing looks like he couldn’t knock the skin off a rice pudding :rofl:

The people in charge really think they’re doing an incredible job and the fans do not know anything.

2 Likes

It’s the point I was making the other day. The media posts fairly regularly have typos in them, such as “Jef” and referring to turnstiles “C&D” as “C&B”.

This is on top of the job advertisement debacle where they copied and pasted from Blues and left the wrong link in the documents. And when the SLO was interviewed on appointment they left the wrong title up on the video which said “Graham Whittaker - Chairman” :crazy_face:

I also saw the guy who does the videos, Heslop, getting criticised by the guy who runs Walsall Fans TV. There’s been a sound issue on the managers interview which he said was his fault and apologised for. But Simon also pointed out that the beginning of the video hadn’t been edited properly and looked unprofessional.

This is the thing. They’re not one offs. The whole organisation is giving off a “that’ll do, half arsed job” attitude.

Where’s the pride in their work? If they worked for Villa or Blues (ironically teams several of our staff support) do you think they’d get away with it or maybe they’d take more pride if it was “their own” team? :thinking:

I’ve defended Pomlett in the past but he now needs to make it clear to the whole organisation that mediocrity will not be stood for and if people aren’t doing their jobs they’re out the door.

6 Likes

He’s the co-owner of a boxing promotions company according to his LinkedIn, does ring announcing and writes for a boxing publication.

Look out Eddie Hearn :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Maybe he could take over as pitchside announcer…

Introducing…in the red corner…the Pride of the Midlands… the Superrrrrrr Sadddddleeerrs

Sorry it is. Took it away a few times over the years. A total insult IMO.

1 Like

I’m honestly thinking of doing a ‘Walsall Fans TV’ alternative thing, just to show the club what can be done with minimal effort, and a lot of care.

1 Like