Official - our worst ever season ( as league 2 )

I was told Wolves did’nt support us , but did they have a vote on this ?

There isn’t a single club in that league that sit below us now. And one has rebuilt from step 10!

How depressing. Nice to reminisce though. Turning up to Florist with 20k home fans and just expecting not to lose! Seems crazy now.

2 Likes

In league two (tier 4) so both are correct :man_shrugging:

That was a rumour at the time according to my dad but I am too sure it was true.

:man_shrugging: Yeah nobody else on this site gets involved in long drawn out discussions :joy:

Nice on topic contribution. Next time I’ll make a pun or talk about Slade or something

1 Like

Your usual stuff in preference to a pun.

2 Likes

Kins agreeing it’s been a pretty bad one.

Nice to be top but you have to take in to account that we’d played the team with the worst defensive record in the Division. :crazy_face: :laughing:

2 Likes

Re-election is such an odd concept to me. Not quite comparing it to the greed league idea in recent weeks but it’s still of same origins, status quo wanting to keep its clubs in and not allowing fresh teams from below into the league to grow etc.

Guess it was something just accepted in those times like that Saville fella…

What I do remember in the 90s is many clubs finishing 1st in the Conference and being denied promotion on account their ground had too much terracing or other ridiculous reason…think Macclesfield, Stevenage and Kiddy were all denied promotion on that account but they all made the football league in following years.

Really should be minimum of 3 promotion/relegation places to and from non league…hopefully happens when Walsall are safely back in 13th position in league one but that might take a while.

2 Likes

It didn’t happen, it is up there with the moon landings :joy:

Quite possibly one of the strangest comparisons to a football league structure I have ever seen :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

If they bought back re-election now I wonder if we’d be screwed

Christ, some people think it’s hyperbole when talking about us finishing in this awful position? Crazy.

3 Likes

Back off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What do we need to do to make sure things only get better from here?

Get rid of anyone involved with it? :wink:

2 Likes

Both finished 91st

2 Likes

pos team.__. .____ … P w .d. .l. gf. ga pts
24 Walsall …____.__46 7 10 29 56 118 24
24 Accrington Stanley 46 8 11 27 39 89 27
We were worse by reason of Accy’s 27 points to our 24.
118 goals against is pretty grim.
We both got re-elected

1 Like

As we can’t agree on our worst season.

Can we just agree this one was ■■■■.

5 Likes

Yes we can!

2 Likes