Official - our worst ever season ( as league 2 )

It was one of our worst oh hold on :man_facepalming: :laughing:

2 Likes

Dogshit letā€™s see if the club act quickly to right it or ā– ā– ā– ā–  about for 2 months like they usually do.

1 Like

We should be more worried about this proposal. If this went ahead and four teams were scheduled for the drop next season, if we havenā€™t bottomed out on our decline then even more trouble is on the horizon.

Canā€™t see it being agreed myself but who knows with the ruling footballing authorities in the country!

Southend chairman Ron Martin said it was ā€œfundamentally against the pyramid systemā€ to allow promotion from the National League but not relegation.

Surely that would be exactly what they want the EFL to do with League 2.

3 Likes

Funny how they didnā€™t raise an objection about this ā€œunfairnessā€ in February when the decision to cancel relegation from the National League was first announced.
Of course their silence had nothing to do with the fact that in Feb both teams had about another 60 points to play for, and relegation was far from confirmed.
Itā€™s a pathetic, straw clutching desperation measure and both clubs should bear the extra cost of the ā€œappealā€ when it inevitably fails.

6 Likes

Agreed Natalie. They should both be fined. Incredulous.

Well, itā€™s hyperbolics - or some sort of bolics.

3 Likes

This article is the closest I can see to the club saying we will be looking at the free loan market

Cheers, Scooby. Imagine if the club came out saying they were only signing free players there would have been a significant backlash from fans, not least on UTS. Looking to the free loan market a very different thing. Iā€™m sure @Gensanx123 can provide a source.

1 Like

Was Osei Yaw free?! Oxford should have been paying us!

Iā€™m surprised we didnā€™t take them to court over misrepresentationā€¦

3 Likes

I hate to knock young men just starting out, quite often they can turn a corner just like Adebayo did (and he got pelters on here from the usual suspects - look at him now) but ā– ā– ā– ā–  me, that kid is never a pro footballer :rofl: up there with the very worst I have ever seen in a Walsall shirt.

Itā€™s an embarrassment to have players turning out that we have evidently done zero scouting on prior, probably out of pure desperation because we had literally nothing else lined up. Time for this kind of operating to end.

4 Likes

Has Oxford not released him?

1 Like

Donā€™t think heā€™s even on their books mate , he used to be the maintenance man and drove the team bus on occasions ā€¦

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Scoob

1 Like

Good read and agree with every word of @RobHarv3yā€™s in-depth assessment.

As a few have alluded to on there, we have seemingly said ā€˜next season is the most important in yearsā€™, for many years now. Then, we end up drifting even further. This cannot happen again or we all know where we will be.

I still have my doubts about the whole operation and its capabilities, but time truly will tell post covid.

1 Like

Next season is huge. Get it wrong & I genuinely fear for the club. Need a coach/manager, striker soon.

1 Like

So how much did the club make minus the free season tickets?
And if there is a league table for how many ifollow passes were sold in league 2?

1 Like