Opinions, season ticket refund

What’s people’s views on this, my bro in law along with his 3 kids have a season ticket in middle tier they’ve had it few seasons, they always have latest shirts, eat food etc.
Something happened which resulted in him reluctantly needing a refund, he happily left what ever he was entitled too last season in the club.
Anyway after requesting a refund he was told that his 4 season ticket seats couldn’t be guaranteed next season if someone else came in for them, what’s people’s opinions on this ?

1 Like

Personally I think that’s fair on the basis that he’ll not be classed as a current season ticket holder, so like normal circumstances where that happens, you unfortunately lose your seat.

Chances are though if he’s in a position to buy ST’s for next season and does via early bird he will get his seats back

4 Likes

I’m sure the club will do what they can, but it goes both ways.

Plenty of other seats to choose from.

1 Like

I wouldn’t over worry it mate. If he needs the refund he needs it simple as that. I don’t see there being a massive rush for season tickets next season until things are a little more certain, as Rob said above if he gets an early bird, most likely he will get his seats back. If not there will be plenty near by.

1 Like

Seems a tad harsh under current circumstances that they can’t guarantee it for next year, especially if there’s a history of having a season ticket.

3 Likes

On the positive side, had Whalley still been in charge, he’d probably have been banned for life.

11 Likes

What he said.

1 Like

You mean he isn’t?? Bloody hell here’s me thinking he’s still pulling strings and mothering his prodigy the Mole.

3 Likes

Shame, but fair enough for the club. I lost the seat I’d had for 10+ years when I’d had enough of Bonser. Distancing allowing, I’ve a seat only a few yards away having renewed under lockdown. Just a bit unfortunate but the club’s position is completely understandable

1 Like

I think it is just another faux pas by the club, they have a loyal supporter and his family, through no fault of their own, needing a refund in difficult circumstances.
So instead of saying " yes sir as you have been a loyal supporter for a number of seasons, we will as a one off hold those seats for a season for you as a sign of good will"
But no if you look at it from another angle.
“Sorry sir if you don’t leave your money in the club, you will lose your seats if someone else comes along”
As someone above said, yes there are plenty of other seats, but that works both ways.

2 Likes

Seems harsh but I doubt it’s the club wanting to act like ■■■■■. It’s more than likely just the computer system they use and so he won’t be registered as a current season ticket but rather as someone who gave up his seat which means it’s technically a free for all when the early bird comes around.

6 Likes

I think it is eminently understandable from the club.

I’ve no doubt they will do their best but it would be difficult to “guarantee “. Guaranteeing anything just now is hard.

1 Like

Thanks all might be me just looking deeper into it than I should.
Appreciate that my bro in law needed to ask for refund but was prepared to leave last seasons cash in (as did many others) and would have been a nice touch from the club to maybe say we’ll give you to this xxxxx date to renew to guarantee same seats.
Either way I’m sure he’ll get the same seats when he renews, the football on show isn’t hardly gonna attract new fans is it lol, he ain’t too fussed about it but I feel he’s been hard done by, 5 years in his present seat with kids, not to mention what he spends with them and 18 years a season ticket holder in last 24 years, only work stopping him other years.
I’m sure others will be in same position, just wandered how they felt, thanks all for replies thou guys I appreciate it.

2 Likes

It would be basic commercial sense for the club to keep a list of the few supporters who have required a refund and then give them a “window” at early bird time (whenever that may be) to reclaim their previous seats.
As “guarantees” go, it’s a bit of a no-brainer.

1 Like

Offering a guarantee for a handful of supporters surely isn’t that difficult? The list won’t run in to thousands will it?

Be a nice touch in my opinion by the club if they did.

1 Like

Terrible customer relations by the club, absolutely no excuse whatsoever.

A bit of flexibility is all that’s needed. Tell the supporters in question that their seats for the 21-22 season will be kept for them up until a certain date, say July 1st, and if they don’t renew them by then, they are on open sale. We would all have then been saying “well done Club for treating your fans decently in these difficult times”. Bit disappointing I think.
On the other hand, I can’t see our ticket office staff being killed in the rush as thousands of new fans sign up for another installment of Life Under Darrell.

1 Like

Amazed how many people still think this is the club being difficult.

Honestly, it’s just because it’s done on a computer rather than a pen and paper so it’s pretty black and white, refund = seat no longer reserved, so is a free seat for the next season.

6 Likes

And there is NOTHING that could be done to accommodate Dan? like reserving the seats on the computer even though they haven’t been paid for?