Opinions, season ticket refund

I wouldn’t be surprised if not to be honest mate as it’ll be linked in with the sales I suspect and would just put the sales figures out.
Lets face it, I doubt there’s any season ticketing programme/software/whatever you’d call it out there that is built to reserve seats without a payment being fulfilled in some way.

3 Likes

I’m sorry this is short sighted & poor by the club.

Run the risk of losing 4 loyal fans, because their admin can’t handle it. Really? Just reserve the seats, give them to June to renew. No brainer.

I genuinely despair, how poor the clubs commercial management is

2 Likes

Travel industry seems to manage quite well. Worse case ask the fans in question for a £10 deposit etc…

Seems to be a mixed view on this, it bothers me more than it does bro in law who it affects tbf. I think he’ll just change seats with the minimum of fuss if he needs too, I just feel the club should show a little bit more loyalty.

2 Likes

God forbid they knock an Excel spreadsheet up.

3 Likes

Personally I feel this is a massive overreaction and just something else to hit the club with. They’re not being unreasonable and it’s just standard procedure as it always has been. Coronavirus hasn’t and doesn’t change that.

1 Like

Not sure it’s an over action, it’s not a huge deal, fan involved will probably renew next year & probably get same seats or some close by.

However, the club has missed a trick here, a nice letter thanking them for their support, signed pic of Josh Gordon for his kids & note to say that for the first month of early bird these seats will be held for them, would cost very little & would go a long way to ensuring they renew & stay Saddlers.

We need more fans, we need to look after those we have. Basic customer relations! I do despair sometimes when I read these things and like the SLO etc…

Club needs to get the simple things right & like every business put its supporters first. I wish our approach to this was as flexible as DC’s tactics.

4 Likes

Travel industry has to deal with cancellations and stuff fairly regularly so they’ll have a system which counts for that.

Deposit is a fair point but it still probably has to be the full amount.

Could also become quite messy if you have more than a few fans taking that option if you decide to just trust staff to keep a record, especially when it creates more work to a workforce already reduced to skeleton staff.

Just ring up and reserve it on the first day of the early bird to make sure you get it.

1 Like

My intention wasn’t and hasn’t been to hit the club like you refer, like many others we left our 7 season ticket money in the club along with our parking money, if I wanted to hit the club I’d have taken that out.
Maybe it’s cause I see how passionate the lad and his kids are, maybe it’s because I see what they spend on stuff in and around the ground, I’m sure given the same insight with a friend/family member you may have a different outlook on it, he’s not a lad that’s taken the refund right away he actually hung out as long as he could and contacted the club last week.
Of course the lady in the ticket office was obliged to tell him he may not get his same seats next season, I get that but what I don’t get is why the club can’t give them an option (loyal service) to come to see them in first 2 weeks of early birds where their seats would be held for them, maybe I’m being unreasonable as he’s family but no one is telling me this can’t be done as a gesture of good will, remember just like many others his cash was left in for the remaining fixtures the year previous.

I wasn’t referring to you mate, sorry :joy: I meant that it seems like people are using it to bash the club again when in reality the situation is fair.

I do agree with some posters that the club could perhaps send something out to them to thank them for their support however.

2 Likes

Sorry Rob, I honestly thought you where refering to me posting out, I’m sorry for any misunderstanding.

1 Like

Don’t worry, that’s the problem with written text, you can never fully read things how they’re meant :joy:

1 Like

You’re probably right about that, but I’d like the Club to go a bit further and be flexible and helpful. This is a chance for some positive P.R.
I echo what TheCrow said, that if I wanted to hit the Club I’d have asked for my money back, but I can still criticise.
A couple of thousand Season Ticket holders, it’s not like we have millions of customers, so it should be an absolute doddle to keep these seats until a certain date.

Depends where the seats are I suppose. I havent looked lately but some of the blocks on the upper middle are nearly all ST holders. The club would be criticised turning down potential ST purchase just hold a seat open for a customer who may or may not return.

3 Likes

Maybe, I think it would be a nice gesture, at a time when many fans have done a mossiv favour to the Club, to keep these seats in reserve until a cut off date.
But as I said before, it’s probably moot, I don’t envisage us being oversubscribed in the near future. :grin:

2 Likes

If we are then something has gone drastically wrong somewhere else :joy:

Perhaps a meteorite has destroyed three of our stands. And about half of the fourth one. :smile:

2 Likes

Well not so strange as you may think

3 Likes

I’m surprised @Thanatos didn’t warn us with his super telescope! :wink:

3 Likes

Too busy looking at himself in the mirror mate.

1 Like