Osadebe Off

We will just have to wait for the Bradford fixtures and count every eighth game. If we fall on it then he will have a blinder, anything in between and we needn’t worry :smiley:

3 Likes

Some of the stick Roberts got was way over the top. This bloke is one of the most overrated footballers I’ve seen in a Walsall shirt, can’t believe we’ve got a fee for him.

3 Likes

If I played 46 games I reckon could do something extraordinary in 2 of them too, although the other 44 would be a steaming pile of turd - so sign me up!

Walsall FC, God, Buddha, Odin, Penguin - please make this happen for me, I deserve it so much because I matter more than other people!

3 Likes

Makes sense to me. Although Flynn does change formations I think it 3-5-2 is going to be his default which doesn’t really use a number 10, not that Osedabe produced enough in that position anyway.

He was always woeful when starting in midfield.

I assume Osedabe wants to play football, signing him as a wing-back seems off, surely we can do better. We have had too many players who can supposedly play numerous positions but that doesn’t mean they are any good at all/any of them.

He’s gone now, hopefully, we can get a good player in with the money it frees up.

2 Likes

I think what people are forgetting already is that on his bad days , he wasn’t just anonymous. He was a liability, fouling up a lot of promising positions.

1 Like

Great bit of business to have got money for him. MF knows what he’s doing and this money will go towards a better player. On his day Paddy was ok but far too inconsistent. Not sorry to see him go.

2 Likes

Brilliant.

Thank god for that (literally).

Shows you how much Flynn actually rated him.

2 Likes

Thank fuuuke for that. Please can we have no more of these toxic characters in our club again.

Only thing I’ll remember him for is his twitter antics. Blocking fans and claiming the system is racist for (very lightly) punishing an animal abuser.

5 Likes

#OsadeBye

2 Likes

Agree, and he would have had more assists had the players he put into scoring positions done better with those chances. However, could never see it working out for him here, once a section of the supporters decide he is crap the view of him is set in stone. Better for all parties that he moves on. I recall Martin Butler and the stick he got.

3 Likes

Good news. I don’t care if the “curse of the former player” strikes next season and he scores against us, that’s a price well worth paying to be rid of him.
He’ll have to pull his socks up, Hughes won’t stand for him having one decent game in every ten and swanning around the rest of the time.
Blimey, what a glorious time this is to be a Saddler! :grin: :champagne: :champagne: :hugs:

5 Likes

2nd time he’s gotten rid of him at the earliest opportunity :joy:

Made some pretty glaring remarks about his performances earlier on if I remember correctly. I believe a reporter asked him his thinking behind playing Osedebe in a “free role”, to which he replied “It wasn’t supposed to be, believe me” :joy:

7 Likes

We got money for him? His best contribution to the club in 2 years.

Offadebe - give it a month or two into the season and Bradford will be asking the Good Lord what they have done.

:wave:

3 Likes

He only played him as a 10 because he had to with Labadie being injured. The fact he chose Labadie to play as a 10 over him tells you everything.

Glad we can move on from his silly antics and poor performances.

We need a good reset and this allows us to do that in a pivotal position.

I hear what you say but, unfortunately, a “little bit of money” rarely buys someone who can do something extraordinary. We will struggle to replace like for like and, as we saw in a number of matches under flynn, having a player who can do those things is often the difference between 3 points and 1 point. Ah well, the fans have got what they clamoured for.

4 Likes

He’s the kind of player you don’t want in a team pushing for promotion (if that’s what we intend to be), too many off days and a bit of a sulker.

Good luck Paddy

Or more to the point the manager has.

5 Likes

Severely disagree. There are much better options out there.

2 Likes

Article in the Express & Star on the transfer…interesting read - has Mr Hughes been watching the same player???

Walsall agree Emmanuel Osadebe sale to Bradford City | Express & Star (expressandstar.com)

We don’t know that. Flynn said we were in negotiations with him. That suggests to me that he wanted him to stay (on some basis). It may well be that the player, in discussion with the manager, has decided he wants to go and that would be best for him and club at this time.

1 Like