Otis Khan signs

I must admit to being rather disappointed that Tom didn’t interview me after I renewed my season ticket.

1 Like

I think we have the 2 best goalkeepers in this division .
When rushy has gone yeah we are in a bit of trouble

Must be quite a few scousers on here then!!:wink:

1 Like

Love him for that tbh bags but that DC and the Dirty Vale are doing pretty good .when do we meet them??

Otis left us in the summer and I’m not sure why. Some said he was offered a new deal and others said he wasn’t. I also heard our offer was a ‘small’ one, which was probably why he never signed it.

Talented player but abit shy with it. You don’t see it often enough. Good on the ball and can run with it. He did a decent job filling in at right wing back for us also. Mainly an attacking winger though. He was linked with Sunderland and a few other clubs after having a good few months for us last season, including a great performance against Sunderland at Wembley. He seemed to fizzle out towards the end of season though and lost his place.

When you get him fit he’s a good signing for you. He won’t be spectacular but he’s a solid performer. Puts a shift in etc. Small and lightweight but there definitely is a player in there. Before he went to Mansfield (they stalled his career), his stats at Yeovil were impressive.

How’s Manny Monthe and Ash Taylor getting on?

Cheers.

9 Likes

Thanks for ur info tranmere fan *
You have made us feel better we av been begging a left winger. Seems like we have got someone who can do a job 4 us
Wish u lot good season u are good team. Bet u missing manny ay lol :grinning:

1 Like

Ye someone like him or Jabo/Ricketts/ Westcarr type player, someone to play off

I can’t stand bloody Carla Lane either. Bread is the worst thing I’ve ever seen (t’missus liked it, so I always took the dog for an extra walk on Sunday evenings) and The Liver Birds was crap as well.

4 Likes

Monthe is beginning to look a decent player after a slow start. Got a decent partnership going with Rollin Menayese. Ash Taylor has been mostly disappointing so far.

5 Likes

in fact you Would rather sunbathe next to a German than a Scouser on holiday? :joy:

1 Like

Ash Taylor is another dan scarr can head anything…but that’s about it at least scarr had sme pace

1 Like

We have to snap up mayo come Jan. Hes not the best in heading ability but hes physically very strong hes on hes man who needs to mark great CB in this div or Lge1

2 Likes

Lol, I miss the Manny Monthe from the 2018-19 season when he was outstanding. He cost us to many goals last season from bad positioning and mistakes though. Plus so far this season we’ve conceded only 4 goals in 12, 1 of those a terrible penalty award at Scunthorpe. Even the ref apologized to Micky Mellon after the game admitting it wasn’t a pen. Tom Davies and Peter Clarke have been absolutely outstanding for us at the back so far.

Otis will do well for you. Not sure how fit he’s likely to be though? Seems abit bizarre it’s took a good player like him so long to get fixed up with a club?

Cheers.

2 Likes

Yeah sounds like Ash. He was always good in the air but slow and his distribution can be abit to hoof and direct. Believe it or not when he was coming through at Rovers he played centre mid quite alot.

1 Like

Probably a blessing

Yeah manny hes like a brick wall …
A wall though we all know only stands doesn’t move …
Hes getting better.
How u liking our kieron Morris …hes pretty good ay
And hw did u snap Callum mcmanaman.
We had ya that day really tbh but you got the goal…
Ash Taylor though a former player fr u played in the Scottish premiership and very liked up there but he seeming like a liabilty down and up the pitch

1 Like

We kneed a Steve Claridge :grin:

I don’t think Ash Taylor is a bad player. At the start of the season he was playing alongside Monthe and as a partnership both were too slow and both players were attracting criticism in equal amounts. Once MT introduced Mayo into the centre of defence Monthe has all of a sudden looked much more comfortable.
I am sure that Ash Taylor would be equally at home in a partnership with Mayo or Leak. It just doesn’t work having two immobile centre backs like Monthe and Taylor together, but pair either one with a quicker, younger player and both can do a good job.

5 Likes

Natalie I get you but u do know ash Taylor even up the field is no good he can head the ball out of danger but wen it comes to us having a corner hes flopped even with hes feet. LIABILTY we shud let him go January…
Matt Preston was better solid CB. Had it all we let him go

Yeah exactly…….

Which is why he’s scored a header direct from a corner this season already :clown_face: :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes