Our Lowest Ebb?

Has to be the lowest most fans have seen us. As others have said though, let’s wait until the end of the season and see where we finish, but it’s not a good time to be a Saddler and us fans deserve a break at some point.

2 Likes

Lowest points in our glorious history has to be the occasions we have faced extinction and the end of WFC , this current state of affairs does not fit that description.

We should remember LP takeover has changed very little in fact financially it has probably made things worse , the rent still has to be paid first but we no longer have JB to loan us monies in order to keep his own gravy train going .

Not sure if LP has the same resources as JB available to him so overall we are probably in a worse situation than 4 months ago. Difference is LP seems to have the interests of WFC at heart rather than his pension fund. Things may be at a low point but there is a light at the end which there hasn’t been for a very long time

2 Likes

When was last time we were 92nd in the League?—could happen today ,god forbid.

wont happen today stevenage dont play

… and there are only 91 teams in the EFL this season so we can’t be 92nd.

Silver clouds and all that :smile:

This is the worst i have known. The league position proves that. But i do believe we will finish a lot higher. Probably not high enough this season. But i do not like being in this division. I just think we SHOULD be far too good for it.

Yes.

In hindsight the the day we appointed Sean O Driscoll and abandoned everything Dean Smith had built has probably cost this club a good few years. The club just cannot do correct decisions at the right times, run by dinosaurs that belong in a bygone era.

We are currently directionless, in an ocean of crap. The fans are absolutely toxic, I’d include myself in that sometimes. Just all sick of being rubbish, desperate for something good to happen. Pomlett has a lot on his hands turning this around, in an aging emotionless stadium, that’s falling down.

Yet when they win it still makes our day doesn’t it? I imagine it’s similar to why people start doing Heroin.

5 Likes

Ian roper put his heart and soul into every game for Walsall for 12/13years and was actually capable of doing his job unlike majority of the shambles we’ve got on show now. Anybody who wouldn’t love an Ian roper over any of this lot have lost their marbles. He was no Ramos but he’s certainly leagues above scarr and co. Anyway this is deffo the worst side in the 24years I’ve followed Walsall.

1 Like

The rot certainly set in with O’Dismal.

1 Like

Hooray! Somebody who recognises a proper DEFENDER.Your comments are spot on.

1 Like

Roper was crap for many years. Jan Sorensen famously said “someone rang up interested in taking him on loan. They asked if he was right or left footed. I replied neither”. However, he never gave up and under Graydon became a very solid player; one that was never afraid of sticking is head in, improved his positioning and had enough ability to hoof the ball away. That transformation was what made him deserving a place in the collective memory in my opinion.

1 Like

Just shows the value of a good manager who knows what he has, and how to improve it to suit what is needed.

Mr. Clarke…cut this out and stick on your desk, study it, and try to understand what it means…

1 Like

When in the Championship, Colin Lee, having acquired Vinny Samways, decided we would pass the ball out from the back(long before Pep Guardiola!). We were playing away at Crewe. The look on Rope’s face as he attempted to pass the ball on the floor to a team mate was priceless!!

5 Likes