Owen Evans Signs

2 Likes

Good as we could have asked for as our keeper hapoy with that

3 Likes

It’s all coming together nicely - need another keeper and a couple of forwards and I think we are there.

It would be nice to have everything tied up before season starts.

1 Like

Good signing this.

1 Like

Happy with this. Better than Rose and cheaper than Ruddy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not a great record last season, but it’s not going to be signing from the league above. Just nice to actually know exactly why and for what position one of our signings is for :joy:

2 Likes

Can’t complain. Glad to have our own keeper.

1 Like

Brilliant signing well done to all that got this sorted now for a couple of goal scorers please.

1 Like

Top signing, good pedigree, right age. Will be a real asset, we look exceptionally strong at the back, just need a cheap backup option, probably a loan.

Good signing i think right age with a higher level experience .
Just need a couple of forwards now

1 Like

I’d actually prefer us to look into non-league for a ‘keeper we can develop into our own future number 1. Something that Neil Cutler was able to do with MacGillivray who has established himself as one of the best GK’s in League 1.

2 Likes

A back up ‘keeper, two forwards and an attacking midfielder, then I think we’re about ready to go!

I’d say three forwards, we still only have one striker. And I’d also say 3 of those (two of the strikers and the creative midfielder) signings need to be actual game changers. Not the ones Pomlett seems to think are, but people that actually make the difference at this level.

2 Likes

This is the crux isn’t it / get those 3 players right… and the Squad looks impressive.

If they’re randoms…. Then all of a sudden it looks solid but mediocre.

8 Likes

I don’t disagree with the sentiment but the signing we have made is a good age and can hopefully be our number 1 for a few years to come so no desperate need to try and unearth our next number 1. Priority now has to be a goal scorer capable of getting 15+ goals next season.

3 Likes

I’d feel a lot more positive if they were. Even if they were to be loans, that doesn’t bother me as much as it does some, but loans that have actual league football experience behind them, or have a parent club who clearly want to develop them for their own future use, rather than just thinning out their bloated youth teams and aren’t just squad bolsterers.

Based on the comments of the Cheltenham fans, he sounds a little like Clayton Ince - Good shot stopper but questionable distribution skills and doesn’t command the box. With three central defenders to deal with crosses and the back been managed by Clarke then sounds a positive signing…

Big move for the lad at a critical stage of his career.

Good luck and welcome to Walsall, Owen.

2 Likes

Will he be first or second keeper? Has anyone seen a number he’ll be using?
E: so first choice.
Anyway, good luck and many cleansheets.