Oxford United (H) Apr 6th, 3pm

It is an interesting question but most of these players were Whitney’s players. And a good chunk of the new players have arrived following the expenditure of actual transfer fees - virtually unheard of over the last few decades.

There are a few proof points to suggest that this hroup of players are seen as an improvement on Whitney’s squad. Players like Khouyar, C-Mollett, Candlin et al were very frequent fixtures in the 18 and yet can’t get close now, presumably because there is a view that better players are now at the club.

I was a big critic of Whitney but unfortunately Keates has been worse following what looks like substantially more backing. Words I never thought I’d even contemplate in September but as trite as it sounds I think Whitney maintained a mental strength and belief in what he was about. Keates wobbles.

Anyway - about to pick up next year’s Season ticket and my Shrewsbury ticket. Really hope I’m wrong and I will be getting a Shrewsbury ticket again next season.

1 Like

I hope for the win, but have that feeling it will be another defeat. Last season there were players, who could produce some magic, score goal from nothing. Literally nothing. This year I haven’t seen it. Sadly. I know it’s only one game, next five are as important as this one, but it seems team will crumble again. Recently even League One became too much.

Cook in for Kinsella, otherwise unchanged.

Thats what i wanted tbh so i wont complain about that need a way to have Cook in the side.

You wanted Kinsella out, or anyone so that Cook could play?

Osbourne preferably but we need Cook in the team one way or the other we need goals and he is our main source.

Why does he keep picking Osbourne?
In my opinion he gives us nothing, cant defend, can’t score (see last week).
Has the turning circle that I could improve upon and I’m 66, just a waste of a shirt.
IMHO of course!

Agree it looks an attacking line up. Osbourne gives us some height I suppose but Kinsella gets around the pitch more and tends to make more tackles.

1 Like

If anybody has a link to the game or commentary that would be amazing :ok_hand::wink:

Elsewhere … not really vital, but Burton Albion 1 Barnsley 0 (4 min)

Luton Town 1 Blackpool 0 (6 min)

Should be peno for visitors. It’s fifty-fifty, but I’ve seen them given.

Seems a shame to me that Luton will end up in the Championship, because they will be straight back down again the following season.
The Championship needs strong sides with great crowds, like Sunderland (they won’t make the same mistakes again) Barnsley or Portsmouth, sides that will make a go of it.
Can WE have a shot please? seems a bit one sided at the moment, but at least we have lasted 11 minutes without conceding!

1 Like

Oxford Utd yellow card, 14 minutes

Gordon targeted by robust challenges

Walsall yellow card, 16 minutes

But have we got out of our own half yet?

Wycombe Wanderers 0 Portsmouth 1 (18 min)

Well, we did last 20 minutes, but it’s 0-1 down… :unamused:

1 Like

Useless ■■■■■ 1-0 down. Relegated.

It was coming, we’re gone I’m afraid. We haven’t even had 1 shot on goal yet and are 1-0 down this is a disaster!!!