Oxford United (H) EFL Trophy, Tue November 10th, 7pm

Does that include subs?

I would play White, C-Mollet, Rose, Scrimshaw, George and Osadebe for certain. Wes I would keep and Kinsella (possibly Bates) and, although he needs the rest, try Holden alongside him. Rose in goal and whoever can stand up at centre back.

According to the EFL website… four of the starting ten outfield players must either:
a) started the last first team fixture
b) must start in the next first team fixture
c) must be in the top 10 starters for the club so far this season
d) have made 40 starts either in first team/international (not limited to current club or current season)
c) or be on loan from PL/EFL club with category 1 academy.

So I imagine that doesn’t rule out many of our team really, as long as we have four who fit the above.

Would be nice to see George, Scrimshaw, Nolan, CCM and Perry get some game time tonight.

1 Like

Do we really need to rest players before facing the might of Southend?

I would put out as strong a team as possible tonight, selection hat permitting.

3 Likes

It really is all about THEM isn’t it?

For those of us still in the “Dark Ages” of media access … BBC will no doubt be following their usual practice with meaningless games such as these, so no team news, no text updates etc. Also, BBC WM and Radio Oxford have proudly announced that commentary is available, but NOT on-line - so people living far far away can’t tune in.

So I’ll be relying on you lot to keep me informed!! :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :clown_face:

Bescot Banter have published the team news … Saddlers’ line-up is:-

Rose

White
Scarr
Sadler
Cockerill-Mollett

Osadebe
Bates
Sinclair
Nolan

Lavery
Scrimshaw

Substitutes:- Jules, Leak, Guthrie, S. Perry, McDonald, Holden, George.

No keeper on the bench ??

I think I would have had Jules in at CB so his partnership with Scarr could develop further…other than that it looks a reasonably balanced team.

Just bought my pass.

Nothing else better to do, and hope it gives some a chance to stake a real claim.

Glad of those changss, a chance for some to impress and some much needed rest for some

The same reason you get an extra point for penalties. Because it’s a load of ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■.

Nolan gets a start. :grinning:

Off we go!

Oxford corner after 29 seconds!

Jules will be losing his place to Clarke as soon as he’s fit, so no point in developing anything.

1 Like

It’s not on WM anyway they couldnt be bothered.

Guessing Roberts is injured but who knows :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Text updates at Saddlers.co.uk

2 Likes

Jack Rose with a touch to the Roberts’ then

24% possession atm.