Oztumer joins Bolton

I’m just glad he went to a championship club and not some git club in this division. Good luck to him though, I saw a Bolton home game last season and they were absolutely appalling to watch, really dire stuff.

Good luck, move on

1 Like

Good luck to him - it’s been a pleasure to watch him play over the last two seasons, but as others have said he is a luxury type player who fit into the system of old. It would be very difficult to fit him into the style Dean seems to want his team to play. He has earnt a move to a Championship team due to his performances over the last two seasons. It’s not like he said he wanted to test himself at a higher level (Brandy) and then stay in the same league and pick up more money.

1 Like

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16339247.bolton-wanderers-go-on-strike-ahead-of-st-mirren-friendly/

Blimey…I think he should sack his agent:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

So just a virtual pay rise then! Hope they sort it out for Erhun but they have been a basket case moneywise for years. They have been spending money they haven’t got for years.

2 Likes

Oh dear, oh dear!! I’m glad Ozzy’s agent did his due diligence. Ozzy, you are always welcome back at the Bezla, but you may have to take a pay cut.

Well we may pay peanuts but at least the players get paid every month on the due date…

2 Likes

I think you’ll find Saddlertd,it’ll be a pay rise if he’s not getting paid at Bolton…:laughing:

1 Like

It is all well and good joining a supposed better club, but joining a club that has problems paying their players is another thing, on a plus point, it bodes well for smaller clubs that although they don’t challenge for promotion every season, at least they pay wages on time. So much for security.And the grass is always greener.

Yeah! I meant from his previous contract with us :wink:. It just shows, sometimes it’s better to be a big fish in a small pond.

Seems Ozzy has dropped a major clanger in his choice of Championship club, Bolton players refused to play a friendly against St Mirren On Saturday as they hadn’t been paid either salary or backdated unpaid bonuses! Will have to ask our new lifelong EU bosses, if we can have a hand out from our ‘colony’ status when we go cap in hand, to help our poor pro footballers out!.

I’m sure the topic has been raised at the very top of our negotiating team.

Oh, hang on… :rofl:

Bolton back in the news again. Close to administration once again. When will they ever learn? I do wish Ozzy had gone somewhere else.

1 Like

I firmly believe Oztumer HAD to move to the champ after his comments, Bolton were his only option.

Happy to be wrong, but feel he painted himself into a corner.

We had two great seasons from him, good luck to him, but he definintely chose the wrong team.

I had my doubts when he left on how we would cope, but you really have to take your hat off to DK for the way he has gone about replacing him and also the business he has done with the Bakka deal.

Oh and the football is so more enjoyable and attacking to watch than the last two seasons.

It got that bad under Whitless, that I used to dread going to home matches, to watch the dross we were serving up, even stopped going to away games.

How that has changed this season.

1 Like

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16833145.bolton-wanderers-could-be-in-administration-within-hours/

It would apparently be the first administration since new rules were introduced, which suggests they’re having an effect. Not sure all is as it seems with this. £5m seems a relatively low debt to be calling in from a team in the Championship.

■■■■ Bolton. Sick of clubs not spending within their means. Clubs like us do things the right way and have to compete with these twatty clubs who basically buy their way back into the Championship. Genuinely sick of it now. Let em rot.

5 Likes

There’s a scout on another forum I’m on. Worked for St Mirren last season who’s manager left for Sunderland in the summer. Sunderland wanted him but he’d already agreed to go to Bolton at that point.

I do agree with Samsara a little bit though.

When Bolton were in this league two years back they had likes of Wheater and Le Fondre playing for them who I imagine were the two highest paid players. They were close to admin then so surely don’t bother signing those types, they keep giving Wheater new contracts.

What i can’t understand is someone has agreed to pay the 5 million to the debtors, but they have turned the offer down?