Oztumer

I mean, yeah based on talent I’d obviously take him. He’d ■■■■ league 2 … My issue is his attitude. I never got the impression that he cared especially when it got tough. I’d stick with Hardy. A cheaper option we can mould.

It’s a no from me.

1 Like

Having met him on a couple of occassions after games I don’t think his heart was in playing for Walsall longer than he had to (had enough of the crap performances, team mates, manager). Despite things having changed I don’t think he’ll be rushing back.

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a grey area - he put his notice in last month, several weeks before the deadline. Its only because Bolton appealed that his release was delayed until after the transfer deadline. Since he won his appeal, then I suspect it’s as if he became a free agent before the deadline and will get that special dispensation from the EFL.

Which one? :wink:

Those two seasons were for us and kept us in League 1!

1 Like

I think he will probably go to Turkey and play there.

Are people actually going on like this is a possibility? :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I would take Ozzy back in a heartbeat, he’s exactly the type of player we need to get us out of this league. He would be our “quick fix.”
Not for one moment do I think he will come back, L1 clubs will be scrambling for his signature.
Rarely do you see a player in a Walsall shirt who has it all - he had it all!

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I think he was a quality player at our level and deserved (still deserves) a chance in the championship, but he doesn’t have it all. Too easily bullied out of many games and not always tactically aware. Many clubs knew how to take him out of a game, and I personally think he wont make it a higher level because of that.

1 Like

Wow, fickle fans again. On the one hand, he apparently single handedly saved us from relegation two seasons running whilst (apparently) playing with some of the worst players ever to have graced the shirt, and now many wouldn’t have him back because, you know, he wasn’t that good and bottled it when it really mattered.

Really? Really? Any honest fan would have him back in a heartbeat and he would pretty much guarantee a play off place if not promotion but the fact is he won’t be back, he’ll probably end up at Portsmouth, Rotherham or Sunderland.

6 Likes

Undeniably class. Would undeniably make our team better. Would undeniably score in double digits in this league. Will undeniably be going to a lower champ/L1 team and I’d say we have zero chance of this so it’s all moot really.

If you don’t think a player of his quality would make this team better you want your head looking at. Surely one of the best 5-10 players we’ve had in the last decade.

1 Like

No they wouldnt. Those fans that can see what Clarke is trying to build wouldnt want Oz back. Oztumer changes our style of play completely. You would only play with one up top which wouldnt suit Adebayo or Gordon or you play two in midfield which wouldnt suit Sinclair and Kinsellas roles.

Then bringing in Oz would stop the development of Hardy - for what six - twelve months? Not fair on someone who wants to be here against someone who would only be coming here to finally get paid.

We spent two years trying to fit our team around him - dont want to be doing that again regardless of how good he is.

8 Likes

Doesn’t ultimately matter- he wouldn’t entertain any offer from us, because there’ll be 6-8 (at least) League One clubs vying for his signature, and possibly the odd lower end Championship club as well.

We may well be willing to pay more these days, but that ‘more’ still won’t touch what he’ll be able to command elsewhere and, between his age and his last twelve months of sporadically-paid employment, Ozzy now needs to make hay while the sun’s still shining.

If Oztumer is that good could he not change/adapt his style to suit us and still be effective, or is he only any good in the only way he knows?
Which begs the question, is he actually that good a footballer?

Hmmm. Wonder how much of his contract actually got paid? Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible decision to go to Bolton, and most people could see that. On top of the obvious off field turmoil, a Parkinson team has no spot for an Oztumer, he’d sooner have a Cook playing 10.

Assuming he’s unavailable to the Championship as he wasn’t a free agent before the window shut, what odds on his return to Posh? or move to Moneybags Mansfield or Salford?

He really should be touting himself to the likes of Ipswich, Sunderland and Pompey.

It’s obviously not going to happen … but you’d have to be a complete moron to say no.

But this is Walsall FC were you can be as good as you want but if you aren’t the right face with the fans you are Lazy/bad attitude. We love turning on our best and he was no different.

2 Likes

not sure it makes them morons, they just share a different opinion to you :+1:t2:

3 Likes

That is a very diplomatic reply :wink::wink:

2 Likes

And it’s my opinion you’d have to be a moron to say no. The bloke top scored two seasons in a row for us in the league above. It’s literally a no brainer.

Oh dear :see_no_evil: :laughing:

1 Like