L 5-0 vs Swindon Town (A) - League Two - Tue 22nd Jan, 7:45pm

A trip to Wiltshire awaits as we take on our FA Cup conquerors Swindon Town in our last game before Santa empties his sack across the world.

Swindon Town

The Robins, who of course beat us in the second round of the FA Cup recently, and landed a plum draw against none other than Manchester City (which of course doesn’t bother us…), have had a slight downturn in form since that day, losing both of their games since.

Managed by Ben Garner, previously of Bristol Rovers, they find themselves 7th in League Two ahead of our visit, with hopes of promotion a real target for them this season after what was a disastrous pre-season. Their last six fixtures have given the following results:

23rd Nov - Hartlepool United (H) - Won 3-1
27th Nov - Harrogate Town (H) - Drew 1-1
30th Nov - Colchester United (H) (PJT) - Lost 2-1
4th Dec - Walsall (A) (FAC2) - Won 2-1
7th Dec - Leyton Orient (A) - Lost 4-1
11th Dec - Barrow (A) - Lost 2-0

Moving onto Walsall.

The Saddlers head into his game on the back of a 3-0 victory against Colchester United, which is probably due to a combination of us being alright and them being pretty poor, but it has hopefully given us a boost ahead of this tie to now go on and get a second win in a row.

The game against Colchester saw boss Matt Taylor make 4 changes to the starting XI, and after the performance we saw I would be hesitant to change away from those that started, so for me, even if everyone Is back fit, we start with the same XI which means a centre-back pairing of Ash Taylor and Rollin Menayese, with Otis Khan keeping his place in the attacking third of the pitch. On Khan, you may or may not have seen an interview he gave on a Tranmere podcast recently which might lead you to believe he wants to go back there. I’m sure someone can find this and link it on here.

Injury-wise we may be missing Rory Holden, who is getting closer to a return, whilst Joss Labadie, Manny Monthe, and Conor Wilkinson were all injured for our previous game according to Matt Taylor - will we see any of them return?

If you are going to the game, you may need to take your Covid pass, or proof of a negative lateral flow test as their attendance will be over the required 10,000 mark, so make sure you’re prepared for this.

Is anyone going off here? What predictions do you all have?

Finally, as this is the last game before Christmas, have a Merry Christmas, one and all!

UTS

Swindon Town vs Walsall - Match Result
  • Swindon Town Win
  • Draw
  • Walsall Win

0 voters

They will be too focused on the big FA cup game to worry about little old Walsall
1-2 with oss and Miller on the scoresheet

I’d like to think we can win this after our last game but we struggle to win 2 on the bounce and are yet to do it this season. This a draw 1-1

I think we can win this. 2-0 would be a good result.

Can see a 3-0 defeat.

Worried about a pasting here.

Copy, paste.

Gone for a draw Desmond to be precise.

Their form ay great lately and with one eye on the cup game, I can see us sneaking a 4-0 win here.

1 Like

Touch of the sun? Well Sol, anyway.

2 Likes

With goals from Rebecca, Sally, Jennifer and who’s the other bloke?

1 Like

Georgina Miller :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Never heard of him :wink:

1 Like

Just seen the Swindon game is off due to a Covid outbreak in their camp. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Football is going to be as was last season soon enough isn’t it…….

1 Like

Might as well give up on life itself really, why all this panic? Looks as if Christmas will be cancelled again.

Sick of the bloody virus now tbh with you.

Or they are playing it safe so everyone is fully fit for their cup final.Stranger things have happened.

2 Likes

Most probable.