L 5-0 vs Swindon Town (A) - League Two - Tue 22nd Jan, 7:45pm

I’d imagine they have to actually report the positives to the football league in fairness. Can’t be ideal preparation for your cup final to have multiple staff forced to isolate.

Why all this panic? I don’t think it is a panic, but a rational response to a situation where there is an unknown level of risk. I prefer assertive action based on facts and science rather than the rabbits in headlights Johnson variant.

Who isn’t Scooby? Which is why being cautious as we move forward is our best chance of getting through the next month or so. Do nothing and the chances are it will be much worse.

My nephew was going and I can imagine he is not very pleased about it.

There just doesn’t seem an end in sight some days,you go and get jabbed and it doesn’t seem to matter as regards things being stopped like this scenario for example it’s just never ending and I don’t want to have to spend the rest of my days alive on this planet having to miss things I enjoy that’s all mate.

1 Like

I get that completely, I really do. I think the vaccine was sold as a panacea when, though it does help considerably, it is not. The government and elements of the press were misleading about this as it discounted variants and the need for the rest of the world to be jabbed too.

2 Likes

Perhaps we should have a permanent peak covid winter close season and play every two or three days through the summer. Or perhaps relocate the whole league to Qatar as I’m sure they could pay the coronavirus off. Or just watch 4th, 5th or 6th choice players not apparently affected by covid do their best through the lens of a scaffold tower impeded i-Follow camera. I know that I used to play when I bad colds and flu.
No need to respond to this post as I’m possibly joking, or not! I’m no longer sure.

1 Like

What you all doing with no Walsall game to follow today?

I’m off to watch Wyrley vs Bustlehome - 2pm KO

1 Like

Watching films and eating a box of chocolate coated Brazil nuts from B and M’s.

2 Likes

Miller makes it 3-0 to the saddlers Swindon are rocked here!!

1 Like

I’m drinking Triple Karmeliet at the minute then going out for tay.

1 Like

Are you doing even more premature than usual goal announcements for the rearranged game here? :joy:

2 Likes

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19794614.club-chairman-defends-swindon-town-players-christmas-party-london/

It was before the game was called off so I believe after reading

2 Likes

My lads going there with his Mrs tommorow :rofl:

Bumping this for Tuesday night.

How things have changed.

Go with the same team/formation or make tweaks? If Devine was out with a knock, do you pick him over Shade if he’s now available? Does Rodney get a start? Do we break up Kinsella/Earing/Osadebe with Labadie back from suspension?

442 and 352 have both worked for us in the last 2 games - which do you prefer? Or do you miss 4231 - or even want to see us try something else entirely?

I’m guessing you’ll be making the journey mate?.I’d take a draw on the premise that we can’t win every game of the season.If we’d have beat Tranmere and drew against Forest Green or vice versa I’d have said a win but surely we can’t win 3 on the spin.Can we???

If we can lose 7 on the spin in this dividion we can also win 7. Bit early to say we can do a Mansfield, but if other clubs can put a run together why can’t we now we have an experienced manager better able to get some consistency out of the squad? Especially so if we can pluck out a decent free agent or 2 (I see Diego Costa is still on the list :joy:).

1 Like

Devine in for White and put Shade to the right hand side possibly? Also maybe Rodders to get a start up top would be the only changes I would even consider assuming everyone backs up and is fit to play. Hope he sticks to 3 at the back, not usually a fan as it’s rare as rocking horse poop we have 3 good centre halves on the books so make hay whilst the sun shines on that one.

Score prediction is for a Desmond 2-2 draw, played on 22/2/22.

1 Like

There’s nothing saying we can’t mate and I hope we can. I’m just going on our general form this season and probably our history as a club as regards winning runs.This was our first back to back all season and just football as a sport and life in general suggests we can’t continue to win games forever.I’d take a point but if you had offered me 4 points knowing we had Tranmere,Forest Green and Swindon to come I’d have snapped your hands off at that stage.The fact we have 6 points already is fantastic and much needed and gives us a little breathing space going into the Swindon game.We are surely all long enough in the tooth to know that the current set of players are capable of poor performances they don’t just disappear so me personally while I’m over the moon with the turn around I’m certainly not getting carried away.