L 2-0 vs AFC Wimbledon (A) - League Two - Tue 28th March, 7:45pm

Darvel (population 3,900) got their Recreation Ground ready for the Scottish Cup match against Aberdeen tonight.
Darvel won 1-0. Apparently one of the biggest Scottish Cup shocks ever.

3 Likes

Some say THE biggest.

40-1 at Ladbrokes before the game

Isn’t that it not being won by Celtic or Rangers?

They got their ground ready because the temperature up here is in marked contrast to the south of england. Unusually, having had a good deal of snow here, warmer weather filtered in from the north om Saturday morning and temperatures have been almost up into double figures these last couple of days. By our house, a foot of snow disappeared in a little over 24 hours and the underlying ice is also now gone, with the ground quite soft now. Whereas I’ve seen pictures of the freezing fog down south so am not surprised that the ground hasn’t properly thawed out.

:face_with_monocle:Offer here,

Just 3 games left in tonight’s L2 Fixtures, would welcome a few draws in all honesty.
Come on Colchester, Hartlepool and a draw from the other game.

:rofl:Offer

Also one of the most exciting things that’s happened in football for decades up there.

Did they televise it? or did Celtic ladies have a game? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :wink:

3 Likes

Preferred other results tonight … wins for Colchester and Hartlepool, Stockport Bradford draw?

Like a summers day down here on the outskirts of Landan, very soft underfoot. Gone too early with this postponement?

1 Like

Going on the Barrow lot complaining about their postponement the other day “soft” underfoot is now the new rock hard dangerous.

Don’t get me wrong, my verdict was just based on having a pee in a grassy lay-by on the M1. But it’s a sunny frost free evening darn sarf for sure.

Could just be that your pee is potent enough to defrost that frost bitten grass. Perhaps the ground staff could put you on the books for when we need some help at the Bescot? Do you think you could manage a whole pitch?

1 Like

Yes, my brother lives near the ground and says no frost when they woke this morning and it’s thawed throughout the day, would have been playable.

1 Like

Between @geordiesaddler and @chunkster we could probably do the car parks as well

2 Likes

It’s been fairly mild all day in central London. Seems an odd decision to have called it off so early yesterday.

2 Likes

I’ve said this. Seems a ridiculous decision to have called it off so early. Is there a conspiracy theory?

1 Like

So ended up at Dulwich Hamlet (where a certain Erhun Oztumer made his name), and their pitch seems absolutely fine…:thinking:

3 Likes

You could be onto something there Cats. @geordiesaddler mentioned that he was in the smoke today :lizard::wink:

1 Like

They have lost about 3 loans with call backs, perhaps short on numbers and didnt want to play :thinking:

1 Like

Have yet to make it over there yet! Looks a good set up.

1 Like