D 0-0 vs Crewe Alexandra (H) - League Two - Tue 21st Feb, 7:45pm

Just seen the stadium car park is full of ADF lorries and containers they are a production facilities company any ideas why they are at the ground ?

Have we got a prayer meetng or other function double-booked in for Saturday?

According to their website they hire out vehicles for tv and films, probably making a horror film…:thinking:

This isnt go ahead. The pitch is currently like playing on concrete. Totally unsafe

I’ve heard it’s a remake of the 2017 film Freehold, but this time set in Bescot rather than London.

1 Like

I hope the game is on, we had some momentum going into the Salford game so two postponements in a row would jeopardize our little run.
I will say this again, I’ve never understood why we play football in the winter months. Most clubs outside of the Premier League don’t have heated pitches, travel is much more difficult in poor weather conditions and people are much more inclined to stay home sitting by the fire than risk freezing to death in the terraces.
The Germans take a winter break, it seems to work well for them. Why can’t we do the same?

1 Like

Tbf I bet pomlett is a good actor

Apparently he was in Back off to the future and The empire strikes Back off.

7 Likes

German leagues have a maximum of 20 teams in them. It’s only 18 in the top 2 divisions. I’d imagine we’d have to reduce ours down from 24 to 20 to facilitate a winter break. Plus the games over Christmas and New Year are brilliant to have. I hope we never have a winter break just because one or two games get called off every few years.

Agree though it is really annoying to have two postponements in a row when we were on such a good run.

6 Likes

It would also be difficult to know when to have any break, given the unpredictability of our winters . A cold snap like this can and does happen any time from late November to early March- like in 2018- or not at all. We’d be just as likely to be closed down when it’s perfectly playable ,then restart to snow.

3 Likes

Oh no he isn’t, oh yes he is, he’s an excellent panto dame.

I hope game is off, as i will miss ot otherwise due to family commitments.

Anyone know whether the club has bothered sheeting up the pitch?

The Irish Premier League runs from February to November

Great idea in my eyes

Literally the worst idea ive ever heard. No offence.

When you lose the speed of the English game due to having the slow the play down because of the heat, then you lose a great part of our game.

1 Like

The heat? :joy::joy: you live in Birmingham yeah?

Anyway they play their games in mid summer on Friday nights.

Players get to have Xmas in the off season with their families. Games rarely get called off. Crowds are in the up. Sponsorship is increasing. The standard is higher now than ever (roughly bottom league 1 / top of league 2).

Whats not to like

3 Likes

4-1 to the Super Saddlers if the game is on but ,and it’s a big but, the game must be in grave danger with the recent cold snap and the safety of players and spectators must be paramount.

I note the severe weather alert issued by the Met Office until high noon on Sunday

It means there is a “99 per cent probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions/heavy snow” between now and then…

December and January are bleak enough as it is. For most fans they would be even worse if the beginning of December was the beginning of two months without football. June ,July have weather ,holidays, cricket, long evenings outside etc to compensate.

Ireland is cooler and wetter than England. Its also dominated by Gaelic games and Rugby during the winter and they dont have cricket.

The Boxing day and New Years fixtures are one of the best traditions in our football calender.

Our summer months are too warm to play the fast flowing exciting football english football is famous for.

Your idea is cack :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Oh yeah my idea…I can’t believe the Irish FA listened to me and did exactly what I suggested :man_shrugging::man_shrugging: