Pay on the day

Thanks chaps good to know

IF you’ve downloaded in advance. If you’ve left it as just an attachment to a webmail and try to sort it as you approach the ground then you might have a problem …

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ve accessed it with no data connection to try it out and got my ticket up. Compared to bespoke apps like the edgbaston one, it’s still shite though

1 Like

Yeah, it’s kept in a digital wallet on your phone so you don’t need to be connected to the net.

I actually run out of data during the 2nd half and couldn’t get a signal to top up despite being at the top of the Upper tier. :thinking::rofl:

1 Like

Is that in the email though?
Once you’ve downloaded it to Google Pay it’ll stay there and you just have to open the app and use it?

Tapped on the Google pay link and it opened up fine, must have had pay without even knowing. I’m happier now that I know that I can access without connectivity but would still prefer a PDF type on the phone harddrive as I’m an old git

Call me a Luddite, but is it just me that reads these threads, takes a step back and then remembers we’re talking about getting into watch 4th division football? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

One thing I noticed was that after the Villa game my eTicket for that automatically disappeared when I opened my wallet app the next day, but I had to manually delete the Doncaster one (to keep it tidy).

I was initially presuming that there is some sort of “Valid until” date thing on them but, thinking about it, how would that work for individual game tickets when these could end up being postponed? Is there instead an “Event completed” marker somewhere in the online system that the tickets have to check themselves against and thus it’s relying on humans to mark games as completed (and not do so incorrectly for games that are still to be played) before they auto delete?

How do you manually delete the used ones Andy? I still have those for CP, Doncaster and the Q and A in my wallet?

When I click/touch a ticket once it pops up with 3 vertical dots in the top right corner. Click those then select Remove.

BTW I didn’t have the CP one in my wallet as only downloaded the PDF to my phone (missed the link to put it in). When I tried to put it in after the game as an experiment it wouldn’t let me - presumably as the app “knew” it had come and gone. And, as I say, the AV one deleted automatically when I next opened the wallet app. Think I had to manually delete WBA (after confirmation that I’d had a refund). So if you have still got all yours stuck in there, what is the mechanism to keep it all tidy?

I know for a fact that the old turnstile operators pointed out to the management at WFC during the Villa game that the scanners do not work through the mesh and they need a panel cutting needs to be cut out in the mesh to scan fans in or they need to handle phones, which they didn’t want to do for obvious reasons.
The response was what us fans usually get - yeah we will get that done ……… and still waiting.
There is a horrible ego around the management of WFC that translated very poorly to staff and fans alike

2 Likes

Many thanks.Deleted all the ones I mentioned following your advice.

Thats interesting.The guy tried to scan mine through the mesh but failed and he had to handle the phone. This again is basic stuff.

On any visit to a game in future, it will perhaps be advisable to carry a phone charger, two phones, a copy of your phone’s instruction manual, gloves, sanitiser, mask, and (perhaps the best tip) a back-up paper copy of your e-ticket with QR code that you previously printed at home/work.
That should lead to a less stressful experience until you actually get into the ground.

2 Likes

A lot of people are used to using apps and electronic wallets for various things now so it being available at the football is just another place.

I absolutely agree that we shouldn’t be Luddites - this is what the future will be.

Unfortunately we are still in the present so we need a) to implement the new stuff correctly so that it works seamlessly, b) cater for the old way for at least a transitional period before we finally cut over to the new (big bang isn’t going to work).

So card/contactless/eTickets wherever possible please, but we still accept bits of paper and metal with images of members of an outdated institution on them (not wanting to start another avenue of debate off on here :angel: :wink:) for the time being.

2 Likes

So is the answer to the OP that we can buy from the ticket office, presumably by card only?

I agree completely. I think what is missing in these processes is ‘quality’ or even that painfully-overused word ‘resilience’.
Proper investment, be it in time, training or resources is needed.
As impressive as the Blue Peter version of Tracey Island was, it wasn’t a patch on the real thing.
There is a limit to what can be achieved with a bog roll, a piece of sticky-backed plastic and a pair of Val’s old knickers.

1 Like

I went to the turnstile held my phone though the small window that we used to hand the tickets through, the turnstile operator pointed his scanner at it, it beeped and he let me through.He never touched my phone.
Am I just lucky or am I missing something here?

1 Like

Lucky, I think. My phone has been handled by the member of staff on all three occasions this season.

1 Like