Peter Clarke signs

League 2 team of the year and played every game for the past two seasons and people still complain?!?

6 Likes

Stephen Ward had lots of good seasons before he joined us.

8 Likes

Could say the same about Merson.

2 Likes

Joke signing, they are taking us all for fools, get the season tickets over the line then sign any old garbage (complete with walking frame) another Ward, what a waste of moneyā€¦

Thatā€™s an even better one. Looked a world better the season before.

2 Likes

Heā€™ll be MFā€™s leader / authority figure within the dressing room, I reckon.
Canā€™t imagine him taking much shite from those that donā€™t want to be professional or care about performances. Think heā€™s just the sort that this squad needs. Itā€™s obvious that Flynn has seen that the dressing room is full of wallflowers. That needs to change. Clarke will carry more weight & have more gravitas than the likes of Kinsella.
The fact that he knows how to defend, knows how to get defences organised & has been an ever-present over the past 2 seasons are all plus points for me.
Welcome Peter!

9 Likes

People are enjoying going ape-shot and tearing their hair out.
Can you save your rational comments till later ?

5 Likes

You are obviously easily pleased, the guys here for a final payday, if he stays fit enough to use his walking frame for a game or twoā€¦

This is what I hate about underwhelming new signings. If you want to be positive, go ahead! I hope heā€™s every bit the player you expect him to be and we win every game 5-0 next season.

But donā€™t pretend you canā€™t see why others are sceptical of signing a 40 year old bloke, in the one position we actually have players for, who looked dreadful when we played them last year and gave away a pen because he was blowing out of his arse at the end of the game.

3 Likes

Wow. Literally lost for words on this one.

Less of a marquee signing, more a pop-up gazebo with sandbags to weigh it down in gusty weather.

1 year, a proven defender that could impart some defensive knowledge and steel to those less experienced and a dressing room leader could be useful. Time will tellā€¦

1 Like

Thoroughly underwhelmed by this. Based solely on the home game v Tranmere last season, he seemed more interested in needling the opposition and moaning to the ref than actually defending. And when called upon to actually defend, he gave the match-winning penalty away.

However, others are flagging up Tranmereā€™s defensive form across the season, but it still feels like one weā€™re going to have to trust Flynn on.

We all are mateā€¦not a joke that we are enjoying this afternoonā€¦a travisty for Walsall fansā€¦has to be a jokeā€¦surely!!!

No! I can see the reasons for signing him, as I mentioned above.

2 Likes

Shock.

Prepared to give this one the benefit of the doubt. Played 4500 minutes this season and 4742 minutes last season being named in league 2 team of the year this season.

Compare that to some of our team this season:

Labadie - 3144 minutes
Wilkinson - 2784 minutes
White - 4044 minutes
Earring - 4090 minutes
Holden - no minutes

Comfortably played more minutes than any of our players despite being significantly older than many.

Question will be is another season one to far, however this signing smacks of leadership (or lack of it) in the current squad.

2 Likes

He is 40 and cannot continue forever , itā€™s a big risk.

2 Likes

You forgot to mention his walking frame in this post. You might want to edit it

Heā€™s not Ward, just cus some donā€™t work out does not mean otherā€™s wonā€™t

2 Likes

On tranmere forum offer new deal player coach on more money turned it down to come here

1 Like