Photos of fellows park

Found my old photo album out this morning what memories any one else got any old photos

12 Likes

Some more before and after

7 Likes

Great Pics, Great Days. A joy to go to Fellows Park, Not like the box we go to now. Atmosphere has been took away since we moved but it is a sign of the times. Uts.

A few of bescot as well

3 Likes

4 Likes

Gutted I never experienced Fellows Park, sadly just before my time.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m on the 4th photo by the tunnel. I’m in a white jacket pointing at something. I still have that bar scarf too but my sewn on badges are now transferred to me current red scarf. Brilliant memories of where I always stood.

7 Likes

Loving all of this, thank you for sharing

It’s mad how Bescot looked a bit Dated about 5 years after we moved in :rofl:.
I saw a video on YouTube of Wimbledon’s new ground the other day it’s literally the perfect stadium I’d have Walsall lovely looking ground .

Was it still a wooden terrace then?

If memory serves me right, it was concrete steps towards the wall but nearer the back was wooden.

Think you’re right. Saw my first parent free game v Swindon from there

1 Like

One taken by Jack Huskisson around 1927

8 Likes

Always good to see Fellows Park pics.

I never bothered with the enclosure, or associated side-bit apart from reserve games.
Only time I ever remember going in was a Tuesday night against Bury in the Coakley promotion season. The crowd was only about 3.5k and a very young Lee Dixon scored for Bury from about 20 yards.

Every time I play FIFA and he goes in commentary “I could have scored that and I wasn’t a goalscorer” that goal pops into my head :joy:

That night was one of my few memories of ever going in the old Saddlers Club also.

3 Likes

One I took of Buck and Jonah headed for the bench in April 1986.

4 Likes

One I took from the Laundry End at a reserve game during 1985-6.

4 Likes

Paul Jones and David Kelly playing for the ressies :rofl:

And here we are 36 years later trying to figure out how to score goals.

1 Like

Great pics…

What happened to the Fellows Park floodlights?

Buckley was my hero.

3 Likes