Plymouth Argyle (H) August 4th, 3.00pm

In a word … no. :disappointed: Freeview’s claims are greatly exaggerated in areas that depend on limited signals - it’s as much as we can do to get the likes of ITV3 !!

1 Like

There is the Quest App you can download to watch the action☺

A great day!
Arrived at the bessa about 1:00pm. Only 2 people in the queue to pick up my season tickets. Bought my ticket for Scunthorpe. Then we went round to the Stadium Suite. My old mum (she’s 91) said she could cope with the stairs (and she did). Pasty and chips washed down with a pint. Only problem was the toilet door was locked. Asked at the bar to be told that they were flooded and I’d have to use the disabled (there was a bit of a queue). You’d think they would have that sorted for the first game of the season but it may have happened that morning.
On the way out a very nice security guy asked if my mom would like to use the lift to go down and led us through into the Bonsor suite to where we could use it.
What a game! I said that if we didn’t score with all that pressure then we would regret and surely enough they scored. What happened to the defence? They all stood still while the whole plymouth attack ran through onto a well delivered free kick.
But the heads didn’t drop and we continued to press them really hard.I thought Morgan Ferrier was outstanding and the Cookie monster was winning everything in the air. the ref was pretty dire he bought all the Plymouth dives and was missing loads of fouls on our guys (maybe I’m biased :grinning:)
The ref finally sees a blatant foul on Ferrier in the box and points to the spot. Their Arsenal keeper did well to push cookies blast onto the bar I thought it had gone over the line when it bounced down but Cookie was there to make sure.
Second half as expected they were throwing everything at us especially after Leahy’s outstanding free kick, but we held out well. Amost exciting game to watch. More of this next week please.:grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for that, Darko … I will consult with my techie son (I wouldn’t know what an “App” was if I fell over it) :grimacing:

Look on the QUEST website and it will give you further details :slight_smile:

I have the same problem in Northumberland. Cured most of it with FreeSat. Uses a Sky dish and a set top box. You too can have 150 channels and nothing to watch :grinning:

You can get freesat. It’s nothing to do with sky. Quest is available over the internet.(Free)

https://tvplayer.com/watch/quest

Well, what a thoroughly entertaining afternoon!
I agree completely with all the comments regarding our new front 2 pairing - their number 5 was a beast but he was made to work his socks off by Mr Angry.
Dobson was most definitely MOM. I was amused at the sponsors MOM award - by the blind institute (no it really was, for those of you that weren’t there). There’s a joke in there somewhere…
If only some of our corner kicks had been a little better…
Onwards and upwards.
UTS

1 Like

I tried the Quest site, but didn’t get very far. However, I have an Android app called TVCatchup - and you can watch Quest on that (as well as S4C the next time we play Newport in the cup).

Indeed. If we’re going to make the most of Cook’s aerial ability we need corner kicks to at least make it past the first man.

1 Like

Supporters had every right to be concerned right up until Friday morning. I keep seeing you putting ‘so called faithful’ and ‘so called supporters’ against people who were concerned. People were concerned, worried, angry because they care. Questioning their support is silly.

Back to the game; overall we absolutely deserved the win. Dobson ran the show in midfield. Ferrier and Cook will be a pain for every defence in this league. The pace of Ferrier, the aerial ability of Cook and the strength of the pair of them is a joy to watch.

Happy for Leahy getting a goal too, hopefully gives him some confidence. I was critical of him all last season and again yesterday as defensively he’s still pulled all over the place. Thankfully Plymouth didn’t punish. But as I say, hopefully that goal gives him a boost.

Not surprised that we switched off for their goal, lets not forget this is still Whitney’s defence and it’s going to take a while for Keates to drill it into some of them, but they’ve improved already since Keates came in so we will get there.

7 Likes

I came across this …

Its really good

3 Likes

Ah yes, I remember when they did this last season. It was excellent then too.

2 Likes

Decent little watch that, cheers.

Great watch, until Derek Adams starts spouting his usual ■■■■■ at the end.

1 Like

Excellent video that. The one they did last season was excellent too. Would love us to do something similar.

2 Likes

Yeah - I would love to see us doing something like that. It gives a totally different perspective on the match compared to the traditional video highlight on Sky etc.
Good stuff.
Oh - and the guy shot it with a DLSR I think, I noticed him stalking around the touchline.

Would still be took out of Deanos budget if we did one… :joy:

Great post fans had every right to be worried last week thankfully it looks like we have made some very good additions.

Can I just add, why do the Plymouth fans seem to think they’re gods gift to League One this season? Reading through their message board, they seem to have mistaken themselves for Sunderland, the bench mark of league one 18/19…