Plymouth Argyle (H) August 4th, 3.00pm

Posh 2 Bristol Rovers 0 (Perhaps the Gasheads do need Baka)

After 9 minutes at Bescot, we’ve had 4 corners…

Burton Albion 0 Rochdale 2 (23 min)

Portsmouth 1 Luton Town 0 (15 min)

Sloppies 0 Bradford City 1 (19 min)

Accrington Stanley 0 Gillingham 1 (22 min)

Barnsley 2 Oxford United 0

Sounds like a Walsall attack.

2 Likes

Plymouth Argyle yellow card, 37 min

Oh dear!!! Walsall 0 Plymouth Argyle 1 (39 min) :frowning:

Not the start we wanted but need time to gell. Still can pull his back based on what seen so far.

Walsall penalty, 44 min … (and Argyle’s 2nd yellow card)

Penalty successful - now 1-1 :slight_smile:

Penalty Initial kick parried and rebound netted now all to play for again.:smile:

According to WM , hit keeper and bar then rebound netted.

I think we’ve been very good so far. Ferrier is going to terrify teams this season. Pure pace and power. He’s going to be a huge fans favourite this season.

We’ve switched off once and they score. Continue like we have and I think we’ll nick it.

UTS

1 Like

Encouraging, new boys doing well. Ferrier is really good.

It was a foul on Ferrier that led to our penalty.

Watching it on ifollow. Playing well, Dobson excellent so far, Chambers ok. Very impressed with Ginnelly and Ferrier. Only concerns are 1. very poor marking for their goal and 2. Ferrier and Cook dynamic - argued over 2 or 3 things in that half. Plymouth are a good team and you imagine they will be around the playoffs so doing alright.

Happy with how we’ve played. Ginnelly looking very bright, as is Ferrier. Need to switch it out a little more to Zeli - he’s seemed a little isolated but looked good when he gets on the ball.

So does this mean Baka is on his way out ? Fair enough him not starting but to not make the subs bench is a bit strange !!

Good first half. Shame about their goal, but I’ve been impressed so far.

Ferrier wanted the penalty as he’d won in. Cook was adamant he was taking it - every team has a designated taker, right? :roll_eyes:

I’m happy for the to have little squabbles as they will both want to outdo each other which bodes well for us (hppefully).

Also a quick note, Kane Wilson looks like Kieron Morris’ doppelganger!

Rumour is Baka has gone to Bristol Rovers for £150k but it wasn’t registered in time for him to play this weekend. I’m sad if that’s true, several decent managers appear to rate him and there is a good player there.

1 Like

Second half under way, with Kinsella replacing Chambers …

Argyle also have a substitute - Freddie Ladapo on for them

I agree. Definitely lost his way a bit but there was a player in there, sometimes he was such a handful and contrary to what some may think I always thought he put a shift in. To be honest though things have gone a bit stale for him here so £150K and a fresh start would be good for all concerned.

Would also make sense as to why we spent £35k on Ferrier if we knew £150K was coming in the next week. Wish him the best if he does move on but it would mean we would also need to bring in another striker, unless we think Candling can do a job

Plymouth Argyle’s bar rattled…Fitzwater header. (following our 2nd corner of the second half)

57 minutes … Kieron Morris on for Morgan Ferrier