Plymouth Argyle (H) August 4th, 3.00pm

Dangerous free kick for us, and… and … YES Walsall 2 Argyle 1 !!!

(Luke Leahy with the free kick) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you watch games live in ifollow? I am behind the times on this.

attendance this afternoon: 5,755 (1,740 away).

Walsall yellow card, 78 min :frowning: Nicky Devlin

All off to Specsavers then, these Mangers that rate him!
Great if we get a fee for him, your heart goes out to Brizzle Rovers fans, they deserve better. But didn’t the money man at their place say it wasn’t Bakayoko they were after?
Great to be in the lead against Argyle, keep it up and keep 'em out lads!!

Walsall’s 3rd substitution, 83 minutes …Wilson replaces Ginnelly

Cook hits the post, 91 min

Argyle’s 3rd yellow card, 93 min

Full time and it’s 2-1. Three very welcome (and probably unexpected) points…

If you live abroad, although I think that may have changed for this season.

Great result. Quite a surprise all round, but, we’ll take the points.,That Ferrier lad seems like a superstar in the making. Looking forward to hearing the reports.

Great result bearing in mind a team only came together yesterday !

What a fantastic result. I’m usually there for first game but family circumstances meant have had to convene for Gillingham instead. Hope all that were there enjoyed it!

1 Like

Wonderful result.

Only followed it by twitter but sounded a very promising performance and deserved three points against a team who finished last season in great form.

Exciting to read the front two scared Plymouth defence to death.

Lots to build on.

We were very good (watched it on ifollow so I may have missed some details). Some comments on the team.

Roberts - two excellent saves but needs to dominate his defenders more.
Fitz and Guthrie, generally solid, fell asleep for the goal unfortunately.
Dobson . MOTM for me, superb commanding performance.
Kinsella . bit worried when Chambers went off at half time (although he did seem to be carrying a knock), but Kinsella did well.
Ginelly - was superb in spells, struggled with the more defensive game after the 2nd goal.
Cook - quiet for long periods he could have taken a couple of shots earlier, at the same time could have had a hat trick.
Ferrier - some fantastic runs. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic between him and Cook develops. Ferrier needs to be willing to make the run to give Cook the goals in my mind.

Overall, very pleased and they did what I hoped from a Keates team, very well organised and taking their chances.

Brilliant win, after all the doom and gloom last week, myself included, we have by the sounds of it played really well, a bit concerned ferrier getting injured with only one game played :frowning:

I guess we all would have took this as a result on Thursday. Well done the boys might not be as bad a season as we feared…:rofl:

Just think, if we can beat Plymouth with a team that haven’t played together before today, then what will we be like after a few games :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

WM seemed to think he’d tired. He probably didn’t have a full pre-season.

1 Like

It didn’t look like a bad one when he went off, just feeling something.

1 Like

Fantastic win, every player played well but Dobbo was incredible. What a big player he is for us for such a young bloke, who’d have thought it to seasons ago when he first came on loan?

Ferrier looked very exciting and I was very impressed with Kinsella’s ability to fill in the void left by Chambers for the second half.

Also Keates wore a suit! Very brave!!!

Really impressed with that win today, could have so easily gone the other way towards the end but we fought hard and held on. We had pace going forward, and was really impressed with Ferrier and Cook. Ferrier looked quality on the turn and they could both really be the difference. I’d say we need a centre mid as a top priority, especially if it’s an injury that forced Chambers off? And a striker to bring off the bench if Baka is off. Keates has certainly got them fighting. The buzz is back!

1 Like