Points per game Finish?

I dunno about anybody else but this doesn’t sit right with me ( mainly cause all the teams I hate are doing well). Nothing would please me more for the season to finish null and void and start again next season fresh. What’s everybody else’s thoughts? Sorry if this has been asked in other topics but I haven’t been on of late cause I’ve been snowed under with work ( my place hasn’t shut). Surely the season has to be played out and if that isn’t possible then voided?

Months of nothing and this is what the Trust comes out with?

2 Likes

No…I think points per game is awful.Especially for any team that is relegated by this calculation.Ok,in league 2 Stevenage will definitely finish bottom no matter if the season is played to a natural conclusion or if points per game is used.However,the outcome is far less clear in other leagues and I would hate to be a supporter of a club that got relegated this way.

1 Like

No, probably the worst of all the possible solutions in my opinion.

1 Like

I could live with that compared with voiding the whole thing. Any solution other than completing the season will have winners and losers and this at least has some logic to it.

Will cost me a couple of hundred on the spreads if it happens though :frowning:

1 Like

Pin money for you though!

You can buy a lot of pins with a couple of hundred quid.

1 Like

As an example, the 3 bottom divisions in Scotland have just been declared ended. Partick Thistle have been relegated even though they have a game in hand on Queen of the South and only 2 points behind !

These seem quite nice pins . £3.59 for 150 so I think the sky is probably the limit.

1 Like

And pints

2 Likes

Is this a Steve Davies personal opinion or actually the view of the trust? Fortunately neither carries much weight with the FA

Does it carry much weight here?

1 Like

The solution seems pretty obvious to me. The season is completed when it is safe to do so, whenever that may be. That is of course assuming we aren’t still in this lock down in 3 months time. I understand players contracts finish, but in these extraordinary circumstances, there is surely a way to sort that. If they can rearrange everything to fit a World Cup in December, this shouldn’t be too much problem.

To be honest, there should be rules and procedures in place for the event a season can’t be completed at various stages. Points per game is absolute nonsense, I’d prefer the whole lot to be voided and start again next season rather than that.

Just saw this.

1 Like

I think you’ll find the two are one and the same.

:cowboy_hat_face:

if the games cannot be completed then I would prefer this to declaring the season null and void.

Just heard Pomlett on the official site with an update saying that ST sales are 10% better than the same time last year .
It really is great and refreshing to have a chairman who is as up front as he can possibly be and gives us weekly updates on the club :+1: :clap:t2: .

1 Like

How about end the season now and start next season as this one finished ie roll 2 seasons into 1.